Please sign the "Save Roger Rabbit" petition

kansasteen14

Reaction score
sorry should explain just a bit more.see I said on another Board that Benny appeared on house of mouse but he said somehow that wasnt the same.

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Crazy Harry
Benny the Cab made a cameo in one episode. Is that close enough?
I know Benny appeared on "House of Mouse"...in 2 episodes, actually...and he spoke in both of them.

I still want to see Roger in there...and Jessica, Baby Herman and the Weasels too.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Frogboy: Whoaaaa. Greeeat cels. The Roger one up top is VERY Richard Williams, with the foreshortening and all. I normally can't see much of his style in Roger, but that hits it home. Neeeat.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. When I purchased the cel in the early 90s the gallery representative actually listed the foreshortening as a negative selling point. I was like - what? That sort of perspective shot is what Roger is all about. The only regret I have about the picture is that his signature tooth is hidden. It's a spectacular face shot though and a key line in the film: "Laughter is a very powerful thing..." Now Jessica is nearly flawless IMO. Just enough boobage, but not overdone. LOL!

I also have a Bugs Bunny signed by Chuck Jones (from an 80s vitamin commercial), a 1960s Donald Duck comic strip, 2 Oliver and Company cels and some limited edition Bambi lithographs signed by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson. I used to be quite the collector.

DasGoot

Reaction score
I gladly signed the petition, but i don't think it'll do any good. What with the rivalry between Dreamworks and Disney, I don't think there's much incentive for the two to work together.

Incidentally, I believe this was tried before. I worked as a tour guide at the Magic of Disney Animation at Disney/MGM studios Waaay back in 1998. On one of the computer stations that the animators were using for pencil tests was a bit of live action film with a man at a desk standing up with Roger Rabbit reacting to him. It was a short loop, left on the computer to compile, but it was long enough to see that it really was Roger. The rumor went around was that it was for the sequel "Who Drew Roger Rabbit," which was supposedly in production at the time. (Animators and Tour guides had very little contact -I was only allowed into the animation building once- so i was never able to confirm it.) And it's likely that any production that did happen was cancelled, as the projects the studio were working on at the time, Tarzan, Emperor's new groove (then titled "Kingdom of the Sun") and Atlantis have all long since gone out. In fact, a Animator's newsletter I grabbed when I went into the building announced that they'd just chosen the production team for thier new project, Lilo and Stitch. So, even though a Roger project would have a very long production schedule, it'd doubtful it ever got out of preproductions.

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by DasGoot
I gladly signed the petition, but i don't think it'll do any good. What with the rivalry between Dreamworks and Disney, I don't think there's much incentive for the two to work together.
Please don't start with the pessimism, please. I've heard too much of it on other boards.

I know about the rivalry...that's why I started the petition...to try and put a stop to it...because of the "domino effects" it's been having on the public.

It might work--it got the Cartoon Network to show Speedy Gonzales cartoons again, for one thing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I completely agree with you here, Phillip. Who would have thought that Who Framed Roger Rabbit could have been made in the first place? Warner Brothers, Disney and other companies somehow got along enough to make the film. Who is to say that it won't happen with Disney and Speilberg. It wouldn't likely be a Dreamworks venture anyway. It was an Amblin release and would likely remain that way. Anything is possoble and the almighty dollar may decide this one. It seems that's one thing that both companies can agree on!

Luke

Reaction score
Whether it's gonna happen or not - now is probably the right time what with all other cult things from long ago being revived. I'd like to see a sequel or prequel and it'd get massive publicity.

Rufus

Reaction score
For anyone who's interested, the soundtrack to WFRR was recently re-released. It's been out of print for years, and I had given up on finding it (I traded for a cassette dub of the CD a couple years ago, but just not the same, ya know?) so I was shocked when I was casually walking through the soundtrack section at Best Buy last summer and there it was, right out in front!
Pick it up if you missed out on it the first time around!

- R -

P

Philip Kippel

Originally posted by Luke
Whether it's gonna happen or not - now is probably the right time what with all other cult things from long ago being revived. I'd like to see a sequel or prequel and it'd get massive publicity.
Good points, Luke.

By the way, the petition now has 867 signatures.

Please keep signing it and telling others about it--I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again. Bye for now.