Ask Ken at Palisades

BEAKER128

Reaction score
Ken-

My local Electronics Boutique says they are getting the figures in on May 14th. Are they leading me on? What's with the late June release date now? :confused:

-David

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ken-

Man, dude! That EM Playset rules, dude. I'm too excited about that.

Your company is just the coolest!!

Can't wait to see what all you do with everything else that I love so much!

Later,
FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

A few questions about the Muppet Theater:

-Will there be box seats on both sides? Though there is not a clear consistency of the theater architecture, they were sometimes featured in books etc and ballance the compostition.

-How tall/wide will it be? If a playset is about 6 inches tall and 10 inces wide, the theater would have to be at least 10x16 in my assumption.

-if there is no orchstra pit, what sort decoration/architecture will be in place of it? Will the stage be raised? Will it have the footlights too?

-How much space in front of the stage is there? Is there room for an audience (though no seats, of course).

-How did the archs come out?

Again, you guys have done the greatest job! You rock!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I really don't have any idea about anybody's shelf dates, ship dates and everything else dates. All I know is that all the goods will be out of China by May 14th. That is really all I can tell you. Someone mentioned June. It has always been June...for a shelf date. It ships in May, on shelf in June. Everybody has their own distribution channels. Some take longer than others.

As for the stage, I have no answer to any of the questions because it hasn;t been designed yet. I do that in the next two weeks or so.

Ken

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken-

May I make a suggsetion to include a box seats on both sides of the theater? That would be really cool! And even though there is no room for an actual orchestra pit, some (curved) archetecture under the stage to represent one might work. I am sure you guys will do a wonderful job whatever you decide.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
KB Kids, you say??? Hmmmm... now I'm faced with the question of whether or not I buy them there to get my hands on them as soon as I see them, or do I wait & get them cheaper elsewhere, since KB likes to jack the prices up?? Decisions, decisions....

Who am I kidding? As soon as I see them, I'll mark out with fanboy excitement & buy them!! :big_grin:

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any of the new Star Wars figures to save money for the Muppets, but as soon as I saw them, I got Jango Fett & Anakin. I would have got a Boba Fett, but he was bent up. :mad:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Remember...I said KB Kids.com. So you won't ever actually SEE them...that is only their on-line component. KB stores won't have them.

Ken

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Ken

I just saw the stage playset on the Palisades site (Great work, sorry it took me so long to say that) but now that I've gotten a real close look at it, I'm a little confused. Are there still plans to put in smaller platforms that slide out of the stage for the other band members to stand on?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No. That was an early idea/hope that got nixed due to costs. Sorry...

Ken

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hiya Ken--what with new babies coming out of my wife and all, I didn't see the Electric Mayhem set until just know....

I have complete and utter faith in your decision making skills: accuracy, creativity, playability--you know your stuff, man....this set is EASILY the best I've ever seen. And that includes a whole lotta toys. I think these playsets are going to blow the Simpsons playsets out of the water as far as play value goes; as much as I love the yellow-skinned denizens of Springfield, their figures are so stiff, and the playsets are ONLY good as voicechips for the figures, WHEN they work. These are going to be the sweetest bacon ever made. And my wife's gonna freak.

If I were wearing a hat (and goodness knows I should be at this time of day), it would be off to you.

You rock. Keep up the amazing work.

For the record, I've NEVER seen a Muppet Theatre shot that has balcony/box seats on both sides of the stage--I know that it makes sense architecturally, but who would you have sitting in the other box seats? I'd be fine with just Statler and Waldorf's box seats.

If the first TWO playsets have been this sweet, can't WAIT to see the Kitchen, the Theatre, the Swinetrek, the Hospital....

I'm grinning from ear to ear, and my wife is gonna freaking KILL me.

YAAAAY!!!!!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn