Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My feeling is that he was covering up another employee's butt. I doubt Palisades would send them out that way and Ken would have probably said something on that issue. Someone probably took home the other characters or they went to special order clients (it happens with longime customers). Either that or they just ordered through their own site and got the Floyds. But that doesn't make much sense.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
My feeling is that he was covering up another employee's butt. I doubt Palisades would send them out that way and Ken would have probably said something on that issue. Someone probably took home the other characters or they went to special order clients (it happens with longime customers). Either that or they just ordered through their own site and got the Floyds. But that doesn't make much sense.
Maybe the warehouse goes through all of the cases that come in and packs their own boxes to send out to each store?

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Walker Boh
Maybe the warehouse goes through all of the cases that come in and packs their own boxes to send out to each store?
that's what i was thinking. well at least it's a good sign for palisades either way.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That makes some sense, I guess. Why would they only ship Floyd's though?

My main local EB (the one that was very unhelpful during series one) has dropped all actionfigures from their stock. Strange.

Remember the bets about the most and least popular of series two? Thought it would be fun to start that again. I think Fozzie might be the most popular and I'm now thinking that Harry will be more of a peg warmner. I do hope that none of them are peg warmers, but one has to be more popular with the public.

tomahawk

Reaction score
the crazy thing is , i have not seen any of them in person around here at all. i really only need to pick up blue floyd and animal because i made a trade with ken for the others, but i love just to walk in and see them.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I read somewhere a suggestion that it could come with the repaint of Dr. Teeth. Is this a serious consideration? If not, who are you considering? Just a hint? I'd hate to spend over 100 dollars for a figure from a scalper on ebay, only to find out that the same figure will be released with the bus. Let me know! Thanks!

If there was to be an EM bus, and that isn't necessarily GOING to happen, a lot of it depends on sales through the year next year, it would not come with a Wizard World Dr. Teeth repaint. We have said that he is the one figure that because of the low run and the scalper prices we will not re-release, to protect those that paid through the large orange nose for him.

That happens with a LOT of distribution centers. Seems like a reasonable theory to me.

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
ResidentLilly...

I was reading through several of your posts both here and over on the Palisades board and I must say this: thank you for taking the time to chat with us here. Sometimes I get the feeling that we're all like six-year olds grabbing your arm and begging you for specific figures (which I'm guilty of as well). You're a real class act for having such a open dialogue with all of us.

BTW, I'm from the Towson, MD area; and was wondering if you're getting frustrated with the slow release of the Series Two figures here (or, if you already are, at what point did it happen during the wait). The release was supposed to be towards the end of October, but now it's December and the only place that I'm aware of in our area is Record and Tape Traders (who only had one of each at $14 a pop). I've been bothering the poor people at my Toys R Us for weeks now, and I imagine the anticipation must be killing you to see your hard work hit the racks after all that went on.

Cheers!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Thanks BA...yeah I hate the strike and the problems it has caused. We got the stuff ready only a week or so later than expected in China but all **** broke loose when the docks shut down. We are STILL trying to get containers of product unloaded that left China in mid October!

Nice to see a local on the boards...

bizarreblair

Reaction score
Hey Ken,

People have mentioned Floyd's ponytail being missing...I am just wondering, is the ponytail supposed to be removable or permanent? My Floyd repaint's ponytail came out as soon as I turned his head the first time. No big deal, it's quite simple to stick back in, but I was just wondering if this is supposed to be an "optional" type thing. Thanks.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You are now the third person I have heard that from. Weird thing? Repaint. Haven't heard that about the regular Floyd ponytail. Theories abound as to why.

But it is not supposed to be that way, removable I mean. It is a glue point that is supposed to be permanent.

Well, even though only three reports, this may qualify as the first real S2 "issue". If anybody else has this problem be sure to report it on the boards and if you can't return the item to where you got it contact Tony in Customer Service.