need help with urban summer skit in old days

superboober

Reaction score
It was probably made in the mid-late 70s, but was still seing air time in the late 80s. What I can remember about it was several children in an inner city setting buying snow cones on a hot summer day, more or less. Drumming, maybe on steel drums, lasted throughout, and we'd see a lot of elevated trains going by, many of them apparently painted red, in the background. There was no dialogue that I can remember.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and if so what else was in this sketch?

Zet

Reaction score
superboober said:
It was probably made in the mid-late 70s, but was still seing air time in the late 80s. What I can remember about it was several children in an inner city setting buying snow cones on a hot summer day, more or less. Drumming, maybe on steel drums, lasted throughout, and we'd see a lot of elevated trains going by, many of them apparently painted red, in the background. There was no dialogue that I can remember.

Hi superboober,
That's one of my fave live films. I don't remember much more than you, except that at the end they all shout something.
I read somewhere that this was on one of the Noggin episodes so hopefully someone can fill us both in or even put it on youtube:wink:

This would be a great candidate for the upcoming dvd set, I'd love a disc full of classic films like this one.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
superboober said:

That's about it. Nothing more than that.

BillKal

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember that one. I have it on tape somewhere that someone on this board kindly sent to me.