Superman Returns

muppetwriter

Reaction score
All of these positive reviews has got me so pumped to see it this Saturday!:excited:

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I absolutely love this movie! I thought they did a fabulous job! I think all the actors and actresses did an amazing job with the characters they had to play! I really want to go see it again in the imax theaters because aparently parts of it are in 3d. Everyone should go see this movie!:big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, I had the opportunity to see the movie today, and I have only these words to say...

Superman has returned!!:smile:

OMG, I found this movie brilliantly done by director Bryan Singer! The man really brought the Man of Steel back to the life on the big screen! And Brandon Routh is a complete clone of Christopher Reeves! His mannerisms, his voice, and even he looks would remind anyone (and I mean anyone) of Chris!

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was magnificent (The man really brought out the divine wickedness of "Double L"); Kate Bosworth will forever go down in history as the third greatest Lois Lane (first being Noel Neill and second being Margot Kidder); Sam Huntington was a hilarious Jimmy Olsen (I'm glad he's willing to come back for another movie); and Frank Langella as Perry White really completed things (I like how they were able to bring in White's famous line, "Great Caesar's Ghost", into the movie).

And James Marsden as Cyclops....I mean, Richard White was awesome, too.

I really believe Chris and Dana would've been extremely proud of this movie, and I hope they're somewhere up there applauding.

Congratulations, Bryan! You did it, man!:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, Jimmy is too adorable. Always loved that guy. I heard an interview with Jack Larson, the original Jimmy, the other day, and he had some pretty interesting things to say about what things were like on that original TV series. Really a shame George Reeves got so dissatisfied with his typecasting that he killed himself... :frown:
Erin

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, George Reeves's death was very much unfortunate.:cry: I'm just glad that someone decided to make a film about it with Ben Affleck (the Daredevil actor) playing the role of George Reeves himself. They say the biopic will try to go into Reeves's death and find out what might've really happened.

And I'm really happy for Jack Larson, the original Jimmy. To be on the set of Superman Returns had to be just like old times for him.:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I didn't hear about that. Have they started working on it yet? I would be interested in seeing it. Have you ever heard the song "Superman's Ghost"? Really good song, where Don McLean compares himself to George Reeves. :cool:
Erin

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, they've started production on it a long time ago and now completed. The movie is called "Hollywoodland", and it's going to be released on September 8th. It also stars Adrian Brody, Diane Lane, and Bob Hoskins.

I haven't heard that song by Don McLean, but I ought to download it online sometime, because it sounds pretty interesting.:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool, I'll keep an eye out. And yeah, it's a great song! He sounds a lot different than in "American Pie" - more seasoned, bitter even. But it's really well done.
Erin

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I here that critics have been passing it off as really boring. So it might just be overrated, But what do I know, I haven't seen it.