My Chewbacca Puppet is Done!!

Arislan

Reaction score
I loved the chewie but what fur is that and where did you get it?

Blink

Reaction score
Sorry for my late replies evryone, I've been out of town recently and just got back about an hour ago.

Mr.Penguin said:
Those are two of the coolest puppets. EVER.:big_grin: I love Star Wars!
Hi Mr. Penguin. Thanks. I love Star Wars so there is an extra level to my love of these puppets as well.

Arislan said:
Thank you Arislan. The fur is just plain old fun fur that can be purchased at any fabric store. I bought mine at a Canadian chain of fabric stores called Fabricland.

dingolad said:
ever thought about making star trek puppets? XD
Hi dingolad. To be honest I am not a very big Star Trek fan. So there wouldn't be much in it for me personally. There is an excellent Captain Kirk puppet over at Transformed Puppet and they have a cool video as well. Check it out here 1 and here 2.

GabeFirestone said:
great puppet! love the fur! the eyes are awesome, too!
Hi GabeFirestone. That is very nice of you to say. Thanks.

roastnebrie

Reaction score
well done!

that is one terrific version of chewie! I personaly made a version of statler and waldorf but my wife has all the computer knowledge and i need her help to post them up. Again,well done!:smile:

mzredbox

Reaction score
That Chewie puppet is great!! Dang! Where did you get the fur that you used, though?
Thanks.

Blink

Reaction score
mzredbox said:
That Chewie puppet is great!! Dang! Where did you get the fur that you used, though?
Thanks.
Hi mzredbox,

You must have missed it, but the same question and answer is posted just two posts above yours. I hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arislan

Thank you Arislan. The fur is just plain old fun fur that can be purchased at any fabric store. I bought mine at a Canadian chain of fabric stores called Fabricland.

There is even a link in the post above .

Sometimes people think that you need to use unique fabrics and specialty items to make puppets. You really just need imagination and practice (although there are fabrics that can make things easier). Ordinary fabrics can work very well for many things. It is a good place to start when building I think.

Agian, I hope that helped.

Blink

Reaction score
roastnebrie said:
that is one terrific version of chewie! I personaly made a version of statler and waldorf but my wife has all the computer knowledge and i need her help to post them up. Again,well done!:smile:
Thank you roastnebrie. Building replicas is great for practice, and once a puppet builder feels comfortable enough, building originals is the next challenge to face (which I am sure you already do, I am just making a general statement; it is not directed to you personally). Glad you liked the puppet.

mzredbox

Reaction score
Thanks Blink! But isn't fun fur just like string? did you knit it or something?
Thanks again.

Blink said:
Hi mzredbox,

You must have missed it, but the same question and answer is posted just two posts above yours. I hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arislan

There is even a link in the post above .

Sometimes people think that you need to use unique fabrics and specialty items to make puppets. You really just need imagination and practice (although there are fabrics that can make things easier). Ordinary fabrics can work very well for many things. It is a good place to start when building I think.

Agian, I hope that helped.

Blink

Reaction score
mzredbox said:
Thanks Blink! But isn't fun fur just like string? did you knit it or something?
Thanks again.
Hi mzredbox,

No, you are thinking of FUN FUR YARN, we are talking FUN FUR FABRIC . If you go to any fabric store they should have an example of it. Even Michaels has some small amounts for sale. But the fabric store would be your best bet. If the store that you go to does not have it, then ask them for one near you that does. It shouldn't be that hard to find.