Reliable source for Elmo replica?

Arislan

Reaction score
I want an Elmo replica, any sources? PM me if embarrassed to talk about it in public ;-)

I saw someone's replica that looked amazing, I wish I had one! But I won't buy from weird asian ebayers, they seem to have forged feedback.:frown:

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I'm looking for a 100% replica, with legs and such.

GabeFirestone

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be rude, but the comment that you made about "wierd Asian ebayers" may offend someone... I'm not Asian, but you should think about who may be reading this post.

What if someone made an amazing Elmo replica, but thinks the comment that you made is racist and doesn't want to sell it to you...?

Arislan

Reaction score
What if someone made an amazing Elmo replica, but thinks the comment that you made is racist and doesn't want to sell it to you...?
They would be complete idiots because I'm japanese. ;-)

GabeFirestone

Reaction score
hehe! sorry! just looking to help keep these posts clean for everybody! also... did you talke to the guy who posted right next to you? he made the most amazing ernie, bert, and elmo replicas...

thanks! sorry for the missunderstanding!
~gabe

Arislan

Reaction score
I think I need to clarify something here. Being Japanese I often bought stuff on Yahoo Japan auctions and had family ship me stuff to America.
But one thing Yahoo Japan has plenty of is bootleggers from China and Thailand. They open like 10 accounts at a time and swap feedback among them, making themselve very suspicious. So when I saw that guy's feedback I was suspicious. Look at it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270003113503

His feedback is only 14, he has two praises from people with 1 feedback, one of who is no longer registered. One negative says "Not trustworthy. I bought as is, but he lied about the as is. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Now look at the feedback of other person, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...s/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=drac05ula
This person also used to sell those Elmos. Look! There's that nicosinatra again in the feedback. Also a negative from puppetmancan. That negative says: "beware! not what described. He did offer to upgrade, but wanted $300 extra."
It looks like drac and asia are the same person. So maybe the guy is a good puppet maker but all this cloak and dagger stuff with forged feedback and name changing doesn't make me exactly jump at the chance to buy from him...
I think some people have ordered from him on this forum, and that's fine, I just wanted to say it is hard to send money to someone without getting facts and references. I'd only buy using escrow, from this type of seller.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I think you can say asians are weird without being racist. Just as there are weird americans, europeans and australians :big_grin:
Heck, this whole world is weird. Just take a look at us here at this forum :wink:

"Weirdos...they're all weirdos" :attitude:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
so you are upset that somebody selling a product on ebay is ripping people off by selling knockoffs, but have no problem breaking copyright and tradmark laws by purchasing an unauthorized replica, interesting set of prioritys,

Arislan

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
so you are upset that somebody selling a product on ebay is ripping people off by selling knockoffs, but have no problem breaking copyright and tradmark laws by purchasing an unauthorized replica, interesting set of prioritys,
No, I'd be upset if I spent my money and didn't get my knockoff. Hope that clarifies it. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
GabeFirestone said:
hehe! sorry! just looking to help keep these posts clean for everybody! also... did you talke to the guy who posted right next to you? he made the most amazing ernie, bert, and elmo replicas...

thanks! sorry for the missunderstanding!
~gabe
Just letting you know, that guy won't sell his replicas due to copyright laws, but you're right, they were some great looking replicas.

MWoO

Reaction score
GabeFirestone, you say that people might be offended by the term weird asian ebayers, even though these ebayers are weird, are asian, and of course are ebayers. You aren't asian, but you felt the need to tell him it might offend. Then when you find out he is japanese, the comment can no longer offend anyone?

Either you found it offensive or you didn't. The person making the comment should not change your opinion of it. I find it offensive that you no longer think it's offensive.

I know, off topic, but zI hate seeing people do stuff like that.