Teen Dating Prob.

Izzy the rat

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of young love...What do you do if there's a guy you REALLY like that lives a ways away from you....and is your best friend's brother...and your best friend knows that you like him? Is there any point in liking him....should I just give up? It's just We have all the same interests..plus him being hot helps a bit...I feel I'll never see him again though. they try to come and visit, but the plans usually fall apart. Please help me somebody. I can't really talk to my best friend about it, 'cause I feel so awkward. :frown:

Joey, I hope she says yes! :excited:

superfan

Reaction score
Any chance you get, talk to him, be it over the phone or via email. Just keep it light and casual at first and be cool. If your friend already knows that you like him, she may be more of a help than you think. Who knows, maybe he likes you too....

Ernie101

Reaction score
Izzy, try talking to your friend about it. Ask her how she would feel if you went ahead and tryed pursuing something. Ask her if she would be of some help. The most important thing is talking to her I think, because you don't want something coming between your friendship.

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I wanted to say that I never dated at all in high school, but once I left home and bounced around the country for awhile I figured out that self-confidence is absolutely priceless when it comes to talking to girls. When you talk to her, make sure you have convinced yourself that you're a great guy, and if she laughs in your face, it's HER loss.

Plus if you're an artist or a cartoonist, rejection is wonderful fodder for your personal work.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
aaronmojo said:
Plus if you're an artist or a cartoonist, rejection is wonderful fodder for your personal work.
Well I'm a great artist.(But she already knows that)

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
How do you get up the guts to talk to her?

Izzy the rat said:
What do you do if there's a guy you REALLY like that lives a ways away from you....and is your best friend's brother...and your best friend knows that you like him? Is there any point in liking him....should I just give up? It's just We have all the same interests..plus him being hot helps a bit...I feel I'll never see him again though. they try to come and visit, but the plans usually fall apart. Please help me somebody. I can't really talk to my best friend about it, 'cause I feel so awkward. :frown:
That's the SAME thing with me! Except that it's a girl, my friend doesn't know I like her and I see her in church and at piano lessons. But whenever we want to get together at my house it falls apart.

Hope all goes well Joey!

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Good News!!!

In about a week & a half from now,I'm going to ask out Amanda.By the way Amanda is the girl I've told you guys about.After I ask her out,I'll tell you how it turned out.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
good luck Joey

good luck Joey

I hope she says yes,whatever you do, just be good and remember to have fun

Davina

Reaction score
at 15, i doubt he has a car.. or could drive it if he did.. however..
if you want a low presure option, ask her to a group outting, get a couple of friends together and go to a movie, or the pool or an amusement park or something. 15 (in my opinion) is a bit young to be dating dating, (and her parents might think the same way...) but group activites are lower presure and provide aomething else to do (and others to talk to) if things don't go smoothly...

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Davina said:
at 15, i doubt he has a car.. or could drive it if he did.. however..
if you want a low presure option, ask her to a group outting, get a couple of friends together and go to a movie, or the pool or an amusement park or something. 15 (in my opinion) is a bit young to be dating dating, (and her parents might think the same way...) but group activites are lower presure and provide aomething else to do (and others to talk to) if things don't go smoothly...
Oh by the way,I'm turning 16 on Tuesday.Yeah I know I don't have a car,but I've been looking for one.I may not be good driver now,but I'll get better in the future.I know I'm to young to go on regular dates,that's why I only go to school dances.I don't have a one track mind,so her parents don't have a problem with us going out & neither do mine.