Okay, I've got a big question here...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now then, does anybody have any suggestions of exactly HOW I should ask her? What exactly should I say? I want this to be as polite and sincere as possible.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Dear Kathy Greenwood, I am interested in interviewing you via mail, for my fansite the KGZ. If you are not to busy, I would like to ask you a few simple questions. (insert questions)

Thank you for your time and cooperation,

(name)

There, I took a shot at it just to help you... It's not to great.. but I'm sure you'll be alright man, your the writer aren't ya? :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's sounds good enough, but don't you think I should ask if she's willing to do the interview BEFORE I send the questions? After all, if she says yes, then I plan to have other fans submit questions for the interview.

Fan participation is one thing KGZ tends to lack.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Some celebrities prefer to know what the questions will be ahead of time when selecting to grant interviews. Not sure, would ask her if she's willing to do the interview first so the hard part's out of the way. Then, if she asks what the type of questions involved in the interview will be, you can explain to her some will be spontaneous as asked by fans visiting the website, and others will be dealing with such and such topic or this and that aspect as you come up with what core questions you want to ask her.

Hope this helps pal.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing D'snowth. I was thinking you could start getting questions gathered up first by fans, but then if she declines on doing the interview that might be kinda bummer for everyone. I like Count's idea though, just wondering how long this whole thing will take you if your doing this through regular mail.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, does anyone else have any suggestions on exactly HOW I should ask her?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm assuming you are going to write her. I would first introduce yourself and give her a little background about your website. At that point, she will probably remember you asking for permission about the website. This should put her at ease and kind of break the ice. I would tell her your idea of interviewing her so that fans of the site might get to know her a little better. I would also mention that you would like to generate more excitement among her fans by them being able to submit questions that you would ask her. All the questions would be submitted in a follow up letter that she could respond to. Ask her politely if she wouldn't mind taking an hour or so to answer the questions. Thank her in advance for her consideration and taking time to consider this.

If everything goes well she will write you back saying it is a great idea and she would love to participate.

Then follow up with the questions, first thanking her for agreeing to it and taking the time. Do not go overboard with the length of the interview or number of questions. You do not want to abuse her time. I would also steer clear of any personal questions, such as "do you have a boyfriend?" "How much money do you make?" etc. Stick to questions about her experiences in comedy, on Who's Line and what the future may hold in her professional life.

After she responds with the answers to the questions, follow it up with a thank you note or card telling her how well it went over on the site and how enthusiastic her fans were.

Who knows, maybe she will do a live interview after that.

Good luck!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
I would also steer clear of any personal questions, such as "do you have a boyfriend?" "How much money do you make?" etc. Stick to questions about her experiences in comedy, on Who's Line and what the future may hold in her professional life.
You had a good point there. Do you think asking her who and what inspired her to be a performer, and if there was any other career option she considered would be too personal?:confused:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Gosh no! Those are hardly questions I would consider too personal. Too personal is stuff like about her dating life and stuff like that. Asking about her inspirations and other career thoughts she's had is fine. It's not embaressing, it's good! You know Snowthy, if you write the letter I'm sure a few of us would be happy to read it before you send it to her. At least I know I would.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, I'll work on a rough draft of the letter, get your all's feedback, then do a final draft.

Sheesh, I was less nervous when I FIRST wrote to her...and I sent her a portrait I drew of her with it as well. Why am I so nervous this time?