Big Green Monster Puppet on Ebay

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Hope you're all well. I have another Monster puppet on Ebay. Hope you like him, or refer him to someone who might. Thanks,...PaulySee Him Here
:smile:

apendola

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but you appear to be putting the same basic thing on ebay many, many times.

Part of the appeal of professional puppets is that there is none other like the one you have purchased and (hopefully) there won't be one.

Now you're decreasing the value of the work and the patrons who have bought a similar puppet from you before on the assumption that they were getting a unique piece of art. Why should I bid competitively against someone when I know the same thing is going to pop up on ebay and I'll have less competition?

All that aside, those are very nice puppets.

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Ok, You're crazy,...and sixteen. I just love how these young kids think they can tell us veterans of puppet making and puppetry, how to run our businesses. When you make a living at this, as I do, and feed your family this way, then maybe I will value your opinion.

For the others, here's another one....Monster #2

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
apendola said:
I apologize if I have offended you.
Apology accepted. No problem. I just get a little ticked off when people leave comments that aren't asked for. Like this contradicting shmuck above me now :grouchy: . All is well though, thanks :smile: .

puppetise

Reaction score
PaulyPuppets said:
Ok, You're crazy,...and sixteen. I just love how these young kids think they can tell us veterans of puppet making and puppetry, how to run our businesses. When you make a living at this, as I do, and feed your family this way, then maybe I will value your opinion.

For the others, here's another one....Monster #2
ok just so you know i kinda think there sometimes a bit to similar and that comment about being 16 and all your adressing every one that age or younger and i don respect that i understamd your making a living but i am to im known in my area for my puppetry work and even online and im only 15 so i think you should atleast consider and rethink about what you posted as im offended by it and many other people my age or younger might be to and please think before you type but either way nice puppet

PaulyPuppets

Reaction score
Puppetise,
I'm sorry if I offended you, or any other young puppet maker out there. Seriously. It's just that lately I've been posting puppet links here, to some Ebay puppets I'm selling, telling the reader that it's there if they want to bid,... or if they know of someone who might want it. And instead I get criticism from mostly young kids who give negative feedback or opinions that I never asked for. Bottom line is, this is the style of monster I make, and whether I offer a different type on Ebay is not an issue with me, nor should it be with anyone else. If I want to post the same monster puppet a zillion times on Ebay and share it with people here, then that's my prerogative. And quite honestly, I don't list them at a high price ($5 to start), so I think it's a nice offering for anyone on a budget. But again, I'm very sorry if I offended any young people out there with my "16" come back comment. Now let's all be friends and play nicely in the sandbox together. Kermit would want it that way:smile:

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
Apendola's reply got me to look at your work and I feel it is not all exactly the same, but I do have a question: Do your puppets have the other (non human hand controlled) arm? It's not visible and was wondering if you could provide a picture that showed more without revealing the puppeteer. If you make a living this way, they must be good, but I don't feel you are giving yourself the best chance with the pictures you show. This is pure suggestion and not crtiquing intended.

Now I must address the age thing (sorry!) I tried holding my tongue, seeing as how I'm only 19 and fear I may be open for attack, but I think apendola was providing a suggestion though it could have been done in a better fashion. I don't feel attacks based on age are acceptable at all. You have apologized, but generalizations of any kind are not acceptable. I'm only 19, but I successfully completed a latex head puppet through a complex process than many don't even know how to begin. On another forum I posted pictures because I was very proud. Immediately issues were brought up and questions asked. Though it was freely stated that many people didn't have a clue how to do it, there were the critics. I am well experienced in each medium used in the creation (clay, plaster, latex, etc.) but did not freak out over the feedback. I took the suggestions to heart and researched them. Some I agree with and some I still do not. Either way I tried. My point is that even if you are experienced, isn't there always room for improvements? What if acitons taken based on what apendola said allowed you to double your profit? What if you added a new line that appealed to a new group? We have to try to really lok at what people are saying. Apendola's post was not worded as politely as it could have been, but try to look past that and please don't generalize at all.

Also, random question, why is "See my puppetsPuppetsnstuff.com" in your siggy? I couldn't find any puppets like yours on the site.

puppetise

Reaction score
PaulyPuppets said:
Puppetise,
I'm sorry if I offended you, or any other young puppet maker out there. Seriously. It's just that lately I've been posting puppet links here, to some Ebay puppets I'm selling, telling the reader that it's there if they want to bid,... or if they know of someone who might want it. And instead I get criticism from mostly young kids who give negative feedback or opinions that I never asked for. Bottom line is, this is the style of monster I make, and whether I offer a different type on Ebay is not an issue with me, nor should it be with anyone else. If I want to post the same monster puppet a zillion times on Ebay and share it with people here, then that's my prerogative. And quite honestly, I don't list them at a high price ($5 to start), so I think it's a nice offering for anyone on a budget. But again, I'm very sorry if I offended any young people out there with my "16" come back comment. Now let's all be friends and play nicely in the sandbox together. Kermit would want it that way:smile:
its all good i was just a bit ruffled but i have to say you have a unique style