Port Stoppage

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Ken how, if at all, will our wacky West Coast Port Shutdown hamper the release of Series 2? I hink on here you said the figures were due now in November, but I'm wondering if this will change anything at all.

In case youhadn't heard, as of this morning all of the WEST COAST shipping ports were shut down because of labor disputes in a situation that's been brewing for a while.

jf

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Sorry. This was supposed to be in Ask Ken. I hit the wrong button. My apologies, and please move it if you like.

Sorry.

jf

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Too early to tell. We will check with our freight forwarder.

We have some other products arriving any day now, so that will be our litmus test.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, if those overfed teamsters stop shipments of these cool action collectables, I'm sure if everyone here on Muppet central bands together, we can take them.

I just wish they'd handle this as fast as the %$#@ Baseball strike!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I just wish they'd handle this as fast as the %$#@ Baseball strike!
You know things must be bad if people were wishing for the MLB labor negotiation standards!

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
This whole Iraq thing is front page news...but as far as Im concerned the complete shutdown of all western ports is infinitely mor eimportant...as it effects everybody...fromt he customer to the retailer to the manufacturer factory worker. I work at Pottery Barn, and can imagine in the coming days there will be a notcieable impact. I can just imagine the impact on national retail chains like Best Buy, Circuit City, and even Wal Mart...since they feature a lot of electronics.

So indeed, I am very curious how this might effect the mid october release in two weeks of the Muppets series 2 shipment.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, I'm suprised that the only place I've seen news of this is on discussion boards like this one...

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
In today's LA Times they had a graph showing the top Imports to the Port Of LA in 2001. Toys was #3 in a ranking by container volume (based on 20-foot equivalent units; each unit is about one-half o ship container). Toys had 141,600 units. The largest was Furniture with 235,045 units. Glad I'm not waiting for that new Kermit Barker Lounger.

jf

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they don't settle this soon, let's just storm those ports and grab all the boxes of Muppet figures and deliver them to stores.

towels

Reaction score
I read in the paper this morning that this was not an unexpected occurrance and a lot of major companies (Nike, Nordstrom, etc.) had made contingency plans by bring in products earlier, etc.
It's the smaller companies like Palisades, or those that deal in perishables that are going to suffer the most.