Next Muppet Replicas: Gonzo, Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
On a different note, you're looking to make Gonzo's nose flexible? I admire the attention to detail since, apart from the odd twist by another character/guest I can't ever remember seeing his nose move or be posed. Frankly I'd be happy with a non-flexible nose cast in appropriately textured plastic - maybe you guys are making life harder for yourselves than you need to...or maybe I'm just assuming my own preferences belong to everyone else?
I agree...the only time we saw that nose move was when he was running around as a puppet or when he got it all twisted up in an elevator or something...These are "photo puppets" and for display. If MR could find a rigid or non rigid material that by looking at it (not touching it) had that soft, airbrushed and large celled reticulated foam look...I think everyone would be happy. I would rather Gonzo look right than feel right. Also...Thank you Travis for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer questions and such. Oh...has this question already been answered in an earlier post: the price?
I can imagine Animal and Gonzo will be a lot more than Kermit. Has MR locked that down yet? Also what day can we expect to pre-order? Thanks

Davina

Reaction score
I also back the rigid nose contingent... if it's a matter of stability over time vs degridation in a few years.. i'll live with not being able to twist his nose around.. :wink:

SweetumsMonster

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the update.

And an update full of great news!

Animal is looking great, and so is Gonzo too.

Following from the process of Kermit being made, the pics always looked a little off, but in the end he was amazing, Im confident that will be case with Animal, Gonzo and any following photo puppets.

The news of Fozzie is fab news, personally he's not my favourite character, but as a replica he will be fantastic, large, and cuddly just like a giant teddy bear.

With all the speculation on this thread its great to have some positive news, as long as we get the core group of chracters, Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie, any others will be a bonus, of course Rowlf will be also great, for the same reasons as Fozzie. I am getting very concerned about space to display them. If I lived alone my whole life, they could be all over the place, but I dont and have to be considerate, my passion for Muppets is not shared by anyone else in my family! That said, I will be buying these, one way or another! As they get bigger, posting to the UK I will worry about nearer the time!

Once again, GREAT WORK, I love 'em!

Thanks

Chris

Davina

Reaction score
hehe e i'm lucky, hubby's as much (or darn close) of a fan as I am.. hehhee

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
YEEEESSSSSS! After we got off the forum yesterday, something told me it was going to be Fozzie! I knew it. Now PLEASE, PLEASE make Piggy next and I won't ask anymore. Let's keep the third one a suprise for later! Bring on Piggy (or Scooter!) YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW. I am dancing in the room! :embarrassed:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I know who one of the other three for 2008 is... I posted it on my blog back in February!

My Name Is Earl Kress

That is not a direct link to the story... you will have to find it on your own!

Don't say I didn't tell you!

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I remembering going to your sight and reading it. Are you sure? Do you know the third one?

drudo

Reaction score
I am so glad to hear that definitely Fozzie and quite possibly Piggy are next on the list! they were the top two I was hoping it would be!

The Animal and Gonzo replicas seem to be coming along nicely. I'm definitely picking up Gonzo. I'd really like to have Animal as well, but still not 100% sure about that one financially as he's not at the very top of my list of favorites (though of course I like him...who doesn't?)

Mostly I'm just glad to know that this line is still going ahead, and I hope it continues to be successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.