Late Night Buffet Taping Summary: Not Enough Juice!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, Stultz! The "Puppet Up Improv" was fun.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did the entire show take place on-stage, or are there any "backstage" sequences?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
They had some pre-recorded stuff that was funny, but no actual backstage stuff. :wink:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did anyone take any pictures? I would love to see the band or other things that happend at the taping. I saw the utube thing and that it was pretty funny. I can't wait to see it all together.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Did anyone take any pictures? I would love to see the band or other things that happend at the taping. I saw the utube thing and that it was pretty funny. I can't wait to see it all together.
You're not going to see any photos from us. You'll have to wait for the press photos that were taken. We were forbidden from taking any photos.

toughrabbit

Reaction score
I want the show to succeed, but I'm not sure it's going to. The show seems to be lacking something, though I can't put my finger on exactly what. I'm interested to see how it looks on the TV, what bits stay and what gets cut. The live taping was great fun, despite the horror that was Caitlin Olson.

beaker

Reaction score
JAZZ4JEFF said:
I also attended the first taping. Two quick comments. The guests at the first taping were Kathi Najimi and Hal Sparks. They both brought lots of energy and comedy to the show. And, I found it odd the the pages kept telling the audience in line "These are Puppets, not Muppets". "Don't make the producer angry by calling them "Muppets". What was that all about?
That's hillarious, because NOONE outside of the Henson/Disney legal department considers a "Muppet" seperation between Sesame/Fraggle/Bear/Muppets and JHC. I mean Jim Henson Improv uses known Muppet characters, I don't see the big deal.

Now to be fair, while I consider Animal Jam and Bear muppets, these may fall in line with say, Dinosaur/Creature Shop/Fantasy World type...the use of no hand puppets to me indicates it isnt Muppets. I've never seen a Muppety type production with no hand rod puppets at all.

These puppets appear to be of the big bird type rather than the Gorg type, wherein the right hand controls the face, and the left hand is free.

But these pilots...will they ever be seen? I mean what happened to
the Muppet American Idol pilot spoof?

Luke

Reaction score
I actually think Late Night Buffet seems more promising than Puppet Up - the design of the characters is very different and looks unusual for these kinda things, it could catch on. Puppet Up seems ok, but it's just who'se line is it anyway with Puppets ... i think people would get bored after a while. That goes for both shows really, they are both well known formats, is puppetry enough of a difference to make people watch? Maybe! I think Brian and Bill pairing up again is great, if anyone can make it work it's them!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Folks were discussing a while back how Disney is looking for the 'new puppeteers' and turned their backs on the original guys...what about what the JHC has done not only with the Muppets, but Steve, Dave, Bill...they're not quite in use there anymore either.