New, New, NEW Muppet Stuff from American Greetings!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hey all, Prawnie here with some VERY exciting news! I was at the mall today in Fairview Heights, IL and was walking to a bookstore when DUN DUH DUN! I saw a HUGE Kermit doll inside an American Greetings store, so naturally, I darted in, and to my IMMENSE surprise I found SOOOOOO MANY Muppet things!! The Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal and Beaker dolls from Sababa Toys were there (Including some SS plushes as well). And A TON of new Muppet Merch. from American Greetings! I bought a Kermit luggage tag, two large paperclips with Kermit and Animal, a Kermit address book called "Little Green Book," a set of round Muppet stickers with four pics of Kermit, three of Piggy, two of Animal, two of Fozzie, one of Gonzo, Chef, Pepe, Statler and Waldorf, and Kermit and Piggy, a sheet of 100 large Kermit sticky notes, and the most curious thing, a set of nine Kermit and Piggy magnets, all with destinations the frog WOULD have visited if his world wide trip wasn't cancelled, and one of them even said "Kermit's World Tour" on it.

Among that stuff, they also had a magnettic set of Kermit note paper, a Miss Piggy journal, blank cards featuring Animal that read "ROCK!" and some other Miss Piggy stuff that I didn't buy. And other stuff that I'd already seen at Target were some Muppet stickers, cards, and tissue paper and gift bags. And a small 12 month Muppet Calendar featuring Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe, Rizzo, Rowlf, Sam, Statler and Waldorf, Sweetums (!!!), Animal and of course, Bunsen and Beaker

And I also saw a Muppet Christmas ornament with Kermit and Piggy dancing, and the nice ladies working there showed me two other ornaments for Kermit's 50th, one with Kermit on a log playing his banjo, and three smaller ones with Kermit in a tux, Piggy in a dress and Gonzo in a cake :concern:. And since I was shopping with my grandma, she pre-ordered all three ornaments for my birthday!! :excited:

So there you have it, loads of new Muppet merchandise from American Greetings!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ooh! Excitment! And also your relatives are way too nice to you young man...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ooh! Excitment! And also your relatives are way too nice to you young man...
Don't I know it!! I was going completley crazy inside that store, and when we left my grandma said, "If you're like this with this small selection of stuff I don't wanna know what it'll be like in Disney World!" (We're going to Disney World over Thanksgiving! :excited:)

Faylo

Reaction score
Today I was in Carlton Cards and they had a brand new shipment of the American Greetings stuff!

I ended up buying a coinpurse with Kermit and Miss Piggy and the Kermit's World Tour magnets. There was a messenger bag with Kermit on it too, but I was fairly low on cash so I didn't get to buy it :frown:. Thankfully my birthday is coming up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Intereschting... Tell us more about the Kermit's 50th World Tour Destination Magnets... please?

Faylo

Reaction score
Okay, the set comes with 9 magnets. I'll explain each one:

NEW YORK: Rectangular Magnet that has Miss Piggy in the background as the statue of liberty, Kermit in the foreground. There's a "I (heart) NY" logo in the top right-hand corner and NEW YORK written in the bottom left-hand corner.

CHINA: Tombstone shaped Magnet with Kermit wearing a rice picking hat, CHINA written on the bottom in an oriental-ish font.

PARIS: Rectangular shaped Magnet with Kermit wearing a beret and holding a heart cushion. The Eiffel Tower is in the background with Paris in fancy script written underneath it.

HONG KONG: Smaller, long rectangular Magnet with Kermit's Head. Asian lanterns are in the foreground, while a asian-style castle is in the background with HONG KONG written across it.

KERMIT'S WORLD TOUR: Circular magnet with Kermit sitting on top of the Earth. "Kermit's World Tour" is written next to him in semi-fancy script, with his name being hilighted.

ITALY: Smaller, long rectangular magnet with Miss Piggy and Kermit (Kermit is a bit more to the front then Piggy). The background is the Italian flag, with the white part of the flag having a picture of a gondola in it. "Italy" is also written there in lowercase letters.

KERMIT, TEXAS: Rectangular Magnet with Kermit and Miss Piggy wearing cowboy hats. "KERMIT, TEXAS" is written in a western-style font.

CASA DE VERDE, MEXICO: Circular magnet with Kermit wearing a sombrero. Dancers can be seen in the background. "CASA DE VERDE - MEXICO" is written around the magnet in Fiesta style letters.

LONDON, ENGLAND: Long, skinny rectangular magnet with Kermit sitting down by a table with tea with his arms folded. This magnet has a red border with checkerboards, and "London England" is written in a fancy style script above Kermit.

I hope that helps. I'd be willing to take pictures of the magnets and the coinpurse if you wanted! :smile:

Oh, and Theprawncracker (supposing he's the only one who's seen this merch too) , do you like the packaging it came in? I thought it was nice to see Floyd, Janice's and Statler and Waldorf's "signatures", but I was saddened to only see Beaker's and not Bunsen's.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... That was great. Would've liked for more Muppets to be included in them... And maybe you could take some pics and include this along with descripts of the other stuff you have, making a sort of review and submit it to Phil for the forum.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All right, I gotta find an American Greetings store! I think there is a Carlton Cards at my local mall, so I'm going there! I have to! Thanks for the update Ryan!

Lynnette

Reaction score
Greeting cards at Target

I don't remember now what brand made them but there was a small section of new Muppet greeting cards at the local Target. Hope that helps someone else looking for items. I don't think we specifically have an American Greetings store in any malls around here.

-Lynnette (hi-ho; wocka, wocka; kissy, kissy)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I picked up a set of pins (or buttons) that had kermit, fozzie, piggy, swedish chef, animal, and statler and waldorf. A lot of wrapping paper and such too was there. The only place I've seen these is Carlton Cards.