Henson Internship

wombat woman

Reaction score
G'day, all,

A friend of mine forwarded me the following announcement & I thought somebody here might be interested. Makes me wish I was on the West Coast--and in college! :big_grin:

Ta!
Wombat Woman

Position:
The Jim Henson Company media library located in Hollywood seeks an intern to work with the company's video, audio and photographic collections. This is an unpaid internship for college credit. The applicant must receive credit from a college or university in the US.

The Library:
The media library encompasses over 50 years of entertainment history and includes a wide variety of media. The library is part of the Studio Department, which serves to fulfill the needs of the rest of the company by maintaining and organizing the media collections, and providing materials when requested. Currently, the library is undertaking a massive re-cataloging project. With the goal of making our database more up-to-date, cohesive, and complete, all the media assets (some 50,000 items) are being checked and re-cataloged.

Please note: While the output of the Jim Henson Company over the years has covered many different areas of the entertainment industry, much of the work has been done in the realm of television, so the majority of our holdings are in various videotape formats. While we do hold some film assets, we do not do any conservation, preservation or restoration work in-house.

Intern duties:
The duties to be performed by interns are subject to the current needs of the department and company as a whole. They may include the following:

- Research & review of tape library materials
- Research & review of photo library materials
- Cataloging
- Database entry and management
- Re-housing & organization of photographic materials
- Scanning of photos for digital image collection

Please see the following webpage for more information:

http://www.henson.com/company/internships_faq.html

Resumes and cover letters can be sent via email to:
Carla DellaVedova: cdellavedova@henson.com

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
The Henson library. *drools*

Even for an unpaid job, that's a pretty frickin' sweet one. :big_grin:

christyb

Reaction score
I've seen that. Makes me wish I had the money to pack up and go. Even if it'd put me even further behind in school. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Noise... That sound you hear in the background is my own guttural sounds of delight and regret that I can't submit my name for this grand endeavor.
Still in college, but live in PR not the West Coast.
But one good thing out of all this... When I'm finished and ready to take my Muppet Listing to the next level and turn it into the Muppet Universe... Now I know where to head first off the bat, besides Sesame's studios of course to get all the video material necessary.

Thanks for the heads--up and good luck to whoever gets this internship.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
that's right down the street from my home...I wonder if they would let me do it even if i'm not in school. more than likely not I bet :frown: