What Muppets were you scared of as a Kid?

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
Death from the Storyteller's version of The soldier. It was just so wierd. I had the image in my brain for weeks

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was this one point when I was a kid, where I was absolutely TERRIFIED of Spiders. I remember on Sesame Street, they had this sketch about Little Miss Muffet or something, and there was this big, hairy creepy spider whose legs came out of his head. I think he chased Kermit or someone around and it scared the daylights out of me!

Joggy

Reaction score
I have to say I still don't know what to think of the Dinosaurs episode "When You Were A Tree". Earl switches bodies with a tree, and that "realistic" Earl face in that tree... *shivers* Good thing it was just a story. (heck, good thing it's just a puppet show!)

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Zoot used to freak me out when I was a little kid. I think it was because he was so mysterious and quiet. I remember one time I was playing in a playhouse all alone in somebody's basement and it was very, very dark. For some reason I kept imagining Zoot standing in the corner staring at me. His beadey black little eyes staring and silent mouth breathing quietly in the background.

Come to think of it, Floyd used to frighten me a little too mainly because he had black holes for eyes. I couldn't understand how he could see. Plus, I think he can be a little initimidating.

Oh...and Chopped Liver from "Pigs in Space" freaked me out as well...especially when the show him floating in space coming closer and closer to the swine trek viewer.

Not too much bothered me on Sesame Street except when Big Bird shaved Olivia's head so she would like more Gordon's sister.

Freakey.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well, both Zoot and Floyd wear sunglasses. i've never seen there eyes but that story about Zoot staring at you is, haha, one of the coolest things i've every read! it's kinda freaky though...they should do a Muppet movie about Zoot and about what's in his head.

and speaking of Dinosaurs, there was an old episode that scared me. the episode where Baby was being potty trained. any show, song, movie, or whatever that had to do with going down the drain scared me. Just like the episode of Muppet Babies when they though Baby Animal went down the drain and they all went down the drain purposley to find him.

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
You know it's funny...you're right Zoot does where sunglasses but I guess that's how I always imagined his eyes underneath.

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Although I have not been a Muppet fan all my life, I still Grew up on Sesame Street. I liked all the characters, but for some reason Bert scared me. I don't know why, but I remember it very well.

Sir Didymus