Man this show really holds up well today...

Movies205

Reaction score
So I use to watch this all the time when I was a kid but I haven't seen an ep in many years, so I was watching a clip on YouTube, and man was it still funny and it really played off my adult sensibilities. Like the nostalgic value was working in I'm sure but for a show aim toward toddler it truely was funny and entertaining for anyone. Man I want a DVD set :frown:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
To be honset for me, a lot of great 80's cartoons still hold up well, such as Muppet Babies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Garfield and friends.

Yeah a DVD would be great, but I think it would be very edited, due to the fact that Muppet Babies use to use so many clips from non-Henson or non-Disney movies and shows.

But yeah it would be nice to have a dvd set of Muppet Babies.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I think if they edited out every instance of a live-action clip, the episodes would only run about five minutes long.

The 80's were awesome.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Some shows hold up really well in time.

Some even surprise you (the first few seasons of TMNT hold up suprisingly well).

Garfield and Friends holds up very well and is probably even funnier as an adult.

Batman TAS, Ducktales, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, Animaniacs and Pink & the Brain all hold up well (though obviously the latter are newer).

Muppet Babies hold up exceptionally well because it's original concept is still entertaining and relevant. A show that kids will enjoy for its imagination and adults will watch with them because of its creativity.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I'm not sure how I came across that, but it seemed interesting so I thought I would share it with my fellow Muppet fans.

Hey BJ, if you ordered it, let me know how it is, I'm starting to think about getting it as well.

JJ