My Puppet Film (Finally)!

mrhogg

Reaction score
Great work, Cantus, it looks tremendous. The designs of the puppets are killer, and the greenscreening was excellent.

Also, I was impressed by how Jim Henson-like your characters sounded. That was crazy!

Can't wait to see more!

dsarver

Reaction score
Wow! The voice is dead on!! Can't wait till you finish this.

Cantus

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Once it's all edited together I will be putting it to dvd, but I'll youtube more first so you can follow the progress if you like.

Ventrilotwist

Reaction score
Great work! Remember when you post on YouYube it becomes their property. They now have the rights to your work. It's in their terms.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
w/e.....once you delete your stuff it isn't

that's in their terms as well

Cantus

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew about this, which is why, as was just said above, i'll be deleting them come the final product. I'll keep y'all filled in though!

mrhogg

Reaction score
They don't own the footage -- as far as I understand there's no actual rights transferred that would, say, prevent you from producing it if they didn't want you to -- you just grant them the right do distribute it however they see fit, including both free and for-pay.

But it isn't like they can say "since you put it on YouTube, you can't put it anywhere else, because we don't grant you permission for that."

practicecactus

Reaction score
Wheee, I love jumping on derailed threads.

Nah, they don't own what you do. That's BS. Whatever you create is your intellectual copyright. Whether it be a character or whatever, you have copyright of it. Youtube states this in the terms of use, just before what's been mentioned here. "mrhogg" is right, they're talking about after that. They can do stuff with it..around it.
This was brought up before.
But yeah deleting it takes all that away.
I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Seriously, what are they gonna do?..Make a DVD with bad Vlogs?
[I'm guilty of that]

Anyways, Cool stuff Cantus. Lovin it so far. Obviously the audio of the puppeteers needs to be nice and loud throughout, but I'm liking the music, I think it works.
It's got the early SNL muppet stuff feel goin, with a nice modern update vibe to it.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is really, really good for a rough test. I was very impressed by the compositing, which except for that one mistake is great. I blogged it so hopefully even more people will get to see it.