Looking for Muppet fans for new TV show

JenniferPeacePo

Reaction score
My name is Jennifer and I’m working on a brand new television series about fans of TV shows. I’m researching an episode on the Muppets. My coworker Chris posted on this message board awhile back but got no response. I’m posting again in the hopes of getting in touch with some big fans: have you entered the world of puppetry inspired by the Muppets, do you have a large collection of merchandise, do you have a touching story? Then we’d love to hear from you. Here’s a little about our show:

It’s a 26 part documentary series which explores popular TV shows through the eyes of the fans. Each episode will focus on a different program - everything from Bewitched to The Simpsons, and of course the Muppets - and will feature 2-3 fans of the program from Canada and the US. The series will unearth: why the fans love the show, how watching the show and collecting memorabilia makes them feel, what their friends and family think of their love for the show, and the culture of their particular fandom (individual shows express their fandom differently – look at Sex & the City fans compared to Star Trek fans).

The show will air in Canada on TVtropolis, a new Canadian Network devoted to airing re-runs of classic TV shows.

If you’re interested in participating or may be able to offer assistance please drop me a line at jennifer@peacepoint.tv

I look forward to your reply,
Jennifer

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm totally down for this! I have a big Muppet collection and I spend LOTS of time creating my Muppet visuals just for people to enjoy and keep the soirit of the Muppets alive. I will definately e-mail you! :big_grin:

faze

Reaction score
i am very interested telling you my story, and have emailed you back in August and no reply

JenniferPeacePo

Reaction score
Muppets no more

Dear Muppets fan,

I regret to inform you that much to our dismay, we will no longer be pursuing a Muppets episode. Our lawyer has informed us that the legalities surrounding the rights to clear usage of the show’s clips and products is a lengthy and complex process compared to other shows we're covering, and therefor will be moving on.

Keep on loving the Muppets, I know I do!
Jennifer.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wouldnt you think Disney would help you out rather than hinder you, especially as they wanted to promote the Muppets.

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I'm sure Disney isn't at all familiar with the phrase, "helping someone out". :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Actually, even pre-Disney Henson footage was notoriously expensive to get cleared or rebroadcast. That's apparently part of why you see very few Fraggle Rock and Muppet Show reruns.