Who will be on Sesame Street next season?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't just those 2 channels. Remember, there's also channel 11 out of New Hampshire (if you have cable). And channel 36 from Rhode Island (but I don't know if you get that where you live). We get all 4 of them, and back in the day, altogether, here's how much it was on:

WGBH 2
7am
12n
3:30pm

WENH 11
8am
5pm

WSBE 36
9am
3:30pm

WGBX 44
5:30pm

Can you believe that?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
manoftheSTREET said:
Jennifer Connelly (Worked with Muppets before in "Labyrinth"...I could see her in a sketch with Big Bird or Zoe)

-Denzel Washington (If he hasn't appeared already, I think he would be good to give his own interpretation of the ABCs...)

-Sidney Poitier (Then again, Sidney has a very good voice for the ABCs. For some reason, I see him in a sketch with Baby Bear, though.)

-Reese Witherspoon (I know she visited the set last year, but I don't know if she taped an appearance. If not, I think she could appear this year. She seems like she could play well off Grover.)
Jennifer Connelly would be nice- especially since she just gave birth to a second child. Lately I've wondered why she hasn't worked with the Muppets again since "Labyrinth", or why they haven't tried to enlist her since her Oscar win.

I like the Denzel, Poitier, and Reese ideas too.

They could use some star power, in several of their avenues (not just SS, but if they ever come back to prime time for example). All they need is a big star to step up and send the signal that it's okay for A-list performers and the biggest and most powerful stars and top actors and actresses today to work with the Muppets (of course one could also wish that the Muppets' writing was better, but that's another story). Think about who the most powerful people in entertainment today are- no, not Britney & Justin (yuck to both!) but people like Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, Reese Witherspoon, Hugh Jackman, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks- people who are in their 30's and 40's and have kids of their own, which is another reason for them to work with the Muppets. Think of the sort of movies Jennifer Connelly does- not exactly kid-friendly. Her kids won't really be able to watch any of her work, or if she lets them they probably won't understand her work. This is the sort of thing that Hollywood parents could do for their own children. And if the idea caught on, who knows? Sorry for the long paragraph, I've wanted to get this idea out there for a long time.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

salemfan

Reaction score
Is Sesame Street becoming the Sweet Pickles of the 2000s?

I've noticed that this past season, there were only 26 episodes-one for each letter of the alphabet. Is Sesame Street becoming the Sweet Pickles books of the 2000s?

Zet

Reaction score
How about Ornette Coleman? :excited:

I'd like to see Willie Nelson, as he's pretty Muppet-like and could sing one of the Muppet standards quite charmingly.
:smile: Only he should do "What Ever Happened to Peace on Earth", his new song.
Definitely that one.
Jimmy Fallon and Tine Fey would be great. It would be so funny if he did the song "Drinking in the Woods" on there.
nothing they do is funny IMO
Just not Marlon Brando. Boy, I bet Frank would love to smack him in the puss!
:confused: I don't think there's any reason to believe that. Marlon is great and I'd be more inclined to think Frank is a fan.
Kid Rock actually did ask to be on the show once, and they said, NO.
whew!
Lindsay Wagner, Philip Glass
How strange...I've been wondering what Lindsay Wagner is up to lately, for some inexplicable reason...Glass is an interesting choice also.
manoftheSTREET said:
We already know that Laura Bush has taped an appearance, and rumors have been run that they're pursuing Ozzy Osborne for an appearance.
:boo:
I vote for anybody but a bush...what a disgusting disgrace to the legacy of Sesame Street.

salemfan

Reaction score
I also hope to see that Bert and Ernie song about adding numbers. That was one of my favorite clips in Season 33!

Aiya

Reaction score
Zet said:
I vote for anybody but a bush...what a disgusting disgrace to the legacy of Sesame Street.
I think that Laura Bush was a wonderful choice for Sesame Street as she has devoted so much of her energy to such causes as literacy, education, woman's heart health, and historic preservation.

A 'Bush' may not connote the best literacy image, but take a look at Laura's efforts, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. =)

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
why does everyone on here hate spongebob
I like Spongebob. :frown: He's funny 'cause he's stupid! :crazy:

Johnny Depp. Me want Johnny.

ssetta

Reaction score
You won't believe what rumor I just heard!

You won't believe who I heard might be on Sesame Street this season! It sounds unreal!

Britney Spears!!

Now, again, this is just a rumor. I love Britney, and I'm a big fan of her. But I have been told several times that they would NEVER have her on. Do you think they would?

Zet

Reaction score
Aiya said:
I think that Laura Bush was a wonderful choice for Sesame Street as she has devoted so much of her energy to such causes as literacy, education, woman's heart health, and historic preservation.

A 'Bush' may not connote the best literacy image, but take a look at Laura's efforts, I think you may be pleasantly surprised. =)
While I agree emphatically that "bush may not connote the best literacy image", Laura Bush's "look I love little (American) children" safe posturing fails to impress (to put it mildly).
Literacy is indeed an important cause: if Americans actually bothered to read news sources out of the control of bush's friends in the mass media conglomerates, he might not have been able to get away with his stolen election in the first place, let alone his hideous behavior since that fateful day.

As for education, if Laura Bush actually cared about it she would speak up about George Bush's disgraceful dishonesy and the underfunding
of his own program "No Child Left Behind". Here is just one link I found on the subject: http://cleveland.indymedia.org/news/2004/01/8211_comment.php
I encourage everyone with an interest in children's education to do their own research, including independent news sources (hint: not the 6 o'clock news on television).

"Women's heart health" and "historic preservation"...right...safe, noble causes (could they be any safer??). Should they be America's priorities at this pivitol point in human history? Absolutely not.

Yeah I know people come to Muppet Central to discuss other subjects...and kids watching Sesame Street didn't tune in for George Bush's "compassionate by association" photo-op.