Disney Will Do Anything..

Teheheman

Reaction score
Thank you, I thought it was Manhattan, I just didn't wanna look like an idiot and reference the wrong movie. But, I agree. It would be kinda cool to see something like that considering that I don't think that anything like that has been done. All I think that you'd have to do is make blue puppets and put it in front of a blue screen, and animate overtop of the puppets. The hard part is the computer imaging. At least for me it would be.

Daniel

Robin

Reaction score
I think Disney through the Deed to the Muppets into some closet, sometime two years ago, and today sadly are unaware that they even own the Muppets, or even know who or what, the Muppets are? let alone the "Muppet Babies!":mad:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
That's why I want to watch the show again--I'm sure there are so many references I'd get, although the show already introduced me to a lot of them (I also want to see the Star Wars parody, because I intentionally missed out on that one when I was little because I was afraid of Star Wars...haha). And also for good old nostalgia.

By the way, the CGI puppetry process is a bit different. It's more akin to animatronics, in that the puppeteer has a set of controls with which they perform the character, who shows up as a low-quality model on their viewscreen. After movement is recorded, detail, shading, etc. are added in. It's a lot like conventional CGI, but with real-time puppetry being used for programming movement.

(At least, I think that's how it's done. Don't sue me if it's not.)

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The CGI rumor has been goin for a few years, so I doubt that will ever happen. Plus, Disney is to stupid enough to give us new stuff,,, :rolleyes:

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
If this CGI show ever did happen I am afraid they would make the Muppet Babies look like the monsters the Care Bears have become when they made the transfer to CGI. I saw Care Bears and Joke-a-lot and I wanted to throw up from the amount of pastel colors and how the characters looked like someone stuck a bicycle pump in them and blew them up.

What next CGI smurfs? CGI Rainbow Brite? CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? CGI Muppet Show? Disney loves the CGI stuff.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
What next CGI smurfs? CGI Rainbow Brite? CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? CGI Muppet Show? Disney loves the CGI stuff.
Actually, yeah. The next Ninja Turtle movie (titled "TMNT") looks to be completely computer animated.

I'm so sick of CGI stuff I could puke. I absolutely LOVED Curious George earlier this year. Yeah, it was kinda kiddy, but so what? The animation was good, and it had heart.

Three Cheers for Traditional HAND-DRAWN Animation!!!

Hip-hip, HOORAY!
Hip-hip, HOORAY!!
Hip-hip, HOORAY!!!
:smile:
Anthony

Teheheman

Reaction score
Aren't they doing a CGI Smurfs movie? I know that they were doing one, but I didn't know if it was CGI or not. But yeah, of course they love CGI, I mean, look at how much money Pixar made them at the box office. Also, Chicken Little. They know that that's where the money is right now. In computer technology. I guess if you got it, flaunt it.

Daniel

gigi

Reaction score
Disney

You think about it.....Disney can do anything bad and get away with it well. It's sad. when you think about. i'm sorry if i'm off the subject, that's me.:cry:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I mean, I was in elelmentary school when it was on, but I still find it so well written and funny now. and It's even more funny now because I get so many more references and jokes now then I did then.
Feel the same, which is why it's on my short list of cartoons from the 80's I really want.

At this point MB and Real Ghostbusters in season set forms is my last hold out.