Holy Moly! Old School Box Set Details!

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Long time, no post. I couln't not pass this on:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6386

Cover art, full details, including: 7 HOURS OF CLASSIC SESAME- 69-74. ORIGINAL PILOT,CLASSIC ANIMATION-LADYBUGS, PINBALLS, & AT LEAST TWO WHOLE KINGS!. I couldn't be more excited. October 24th can't come soon enough. Aside from the eventual release of all the TMS seasons (Get a move on, Disney! It better be worth the wait and super-packed with extras like these and FR's!), I can't think of a cooler thing for Muppet fans to have access to. Okay, maybe full-on, non-poser replicas, but that's it. All this, AND it's VOLUME 1, indicating possibilities of future releases, which I'm guessing sales will yield. My one worry is that it'll be totally Kermit-free. But I hope and pray a deal was worked out. We need Q-R-S-T-U-Cookie Monster!

Anyways, the "Around The World" doc looks cool, too, though the advertising on the cover seems a little strange. "From the people that brough you the scary truth of how global warming is destroying the planet, and how communists are hiding amongst your communities... comes a sweet look at how an educational program with lovable puppets has influenced the way children the world over learn their ABC's and 123's." Crazy. Well, just can't wait! Take it easy, everyone.

-Squigiman

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know whether the original pilot is the first of the test pilots, the promotional piece with Rowlf and Kermit (I don't know if that can be edited and still make sense), or soemthing else. I have a feeling that it is the promotional piece with Rowlf and Kermit, and if they can be included, then I have a feeling that soem Kermit skits will be included.

There is already a thread about this in the Sesame Merchandise folder.

Kiki

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
Hey gang,
Long time, no post. I couln't not pass this on:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6386

Cover art, full details, including: 7 HOURS OF CLASSIC SESAME- 69-74. ORIGINAL PILOT,CLASSIC ANIMATION-LADYBUGS, PINBALLS, & AT LEAST TWO WHOLE KINGS!. I couldn't be more excited. October 24th can't come soon enough. Aside from the eventual release of all the TMS seasons (Get a move on, Disney! It better be worth the wait and super-packed with extras like these and FR's!), I can't think of a cooler thing for Muppet fans to have access to. Okay, maybe full-on, non-poser replicas, but that's it. All this, AND it's VOLUME 1, indicating possibilities of future releases, which I'm guessing sales will yield. My one worry is that it'll be totally Kermit-free. But I hope and pray a deal was worked out. We need Q-R-S-T-U-Cookie Monster!

Anyways, the "Around The World" doc looks cool, too, though the advertising on the cover seems a little strange. "From the people that brough you the scary truth of how global warming is destroying the planet, and how communists are hiding amongst your communities... comes a sweet look at how an educational program with lovable puppets has influenced the way children the world over learn their ABC's and 123's." Crazy. Well, just can't wait! Take it easy, everyone.

-Squigiman
(*Faints*) Oh... wow! Thanks a bunch, Sqigiman! That set sounds like a rully good buy! :excited:

superboober

Reaction score
As with the earlier quote on the rights to the pitch reel, who currently does own the rights to it? If Sesame Workshop has it, Kermit's presence shouldn't be a problem. As for Rowlf, I'm not as sure, which makes it a little more disappointing that the Bakers were retired while Henson was still alive, for if they were still airing today, given Rowlf's presence in #9, we'd at least have some measure of how willing they'd be willing to let him slide or not. :sympathy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
superboober said:
As with the earlier quote on the rights to the pitch reel, who currently does own the rights to it? If Sesame Workshop has it, Kermit's presence shouldn't be a problem. As for Rowlf, I'm not as sure, which makes it a little more disappointing that the Bakers were retired while Henson was still alive, for if they were still airing today, given Rowlf's presence in #9, we'd at least have some measure of how willing they'd be willing to let him slide or not. :sympathy:
Well, I know that Hit! released the Dog City special on DVD in the United Kingdom, which menas that Disney allowed Rowlf to be included in that release, unless Hit! just didn't bother to get permission for that release and chose to risk including Rowlf. Also, Rowlf isn't as popular as Kermit is.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Sesame Street without Kermit is like Casablanca without Bogart....I hope he won't be excluded from the DVD either, for the sake of the fans who have one. They should've been able to get permission for the old clips, just as they did for the songs with him as a background character. :smile: