What was the last DVD you bought and why?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (I finally found it and it is genuine concrete proof that Disney is on the right track with the Muppets)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (I have not yet seen a superhero movie I didn't like)

Alien 3 (Because I liked the first one, yet they didn't have the second one)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Mystery Science Theater 3000: Volume 8 (I can't keep from enjoying all these shows. Grew up watching them so glad to see them out on DVD)

Pokemon: Volume 2 of Season 1 (Figured i should go ahead and buy it. I have the first one. I even have all my VHS versions still. Don't know if i'll ever get rid of them. I love the art on any of the older VHS videos.)

Sometimes i've wonder why not just keep the original art especially on all the movies. I know they wouldn't be able to do that with all the season sets but the movies or the TV specials too.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I bought the 1990s X-men series DVD Volume 2 or as it's called "Marvel DVD Comic Book Collection: X-Men Volume 2." This set features the "Phoenix Saga"

This is such an amazing cartoon that totally stayed true to the comics, I read the comics a lot too. I've been wanting to collection this DVDs for a long time, but usually I would only find them for something like 20 bucks, :smirk:. Than I went to one my "use and new" (mostly used) DVD stores and found it for only 8 bucks, :excited:. I was so freaking happy.

The only sad thing is that Buena Vista Home Entertainment released volumes 3 and 4 in "air date" order instead of production order, meaning that there are many continuity errors, which very much upsets me, :mad:. But it's still an amazing cartoon that I'm loving owning on DVD.

And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I bought It's A Wonderful Life for my mom because she only had it on VHS, and it was so over-watched it was having issues playing anymore.

I wasn't about to lend her MY dvd copy :wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've actually bought quite a few DVDs since the last time I posted here....

Castle in the Sky-Because I really enjoyed Porco Russo and wanted to check out yet some more of Hayao Miyazaki. Plus like Porco Russo, it's a two disc DVD set that only cost me five bucks (black friday), sweet deal.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 5- Still on my Ninja Turtles kick and plus this was also really cheap at only 7.50. Enjoyed the special features, but only watched the episode "Donatello's Bad Time" which was a pretty weak episode, :sympathy:. Still at only $7.50, can't beat that for a three disc set.

Witchblade: The Complete Series-This is by far the best deal yet, it's a five disc DVD set and it only cost 8 bucks. Even when I went up to pay for it, the dude that was working there had to tell me what a great deal I was getting and he told me that set goes for like 50 bucks elsewhere, :excited:. It's one of those used DVD stores that sometimes doesn't know what they have, :smile:. It really is an awesome deal, it comes with five booklets too. It's an anime cartoon, so I'm becoming something that I never thought I would become in high school, an anime fan between this set and the Miyazaki movies. I'm loving this set.

The Chipmuck Movie- Just because I was in the mood for some cartoon non CGI verisons of the Chipmunks and Chippettes, I remember watching this as a kid and I haven't seen it in a loooong time. Fun little movie.

muppets2

Reaction score
Well I bought alot of Xmas movies includeing muppets letters to Santa

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I bought an Elmo christmas DVD as a Christmas gift for my nephew. I can't remember what it's called and it's already wrapped, it come with an little Elmo plush toy. I'm thinking he's going to like it.

teehee

Reaction score
Well... the last DVD i bought was the amazing Swan Princess 1,2,and 3 with sing along dvd because the last time i remembered watching it was when i was 5 and i saw an advert for it when trawling through you tube and i thought OMG i have to have that so i did :smile:

Reaction score
The last DVD was Samurai X: The Motion Picture... and also The Samurai X OVA collection.

I bought them both because I like Rurouni Kenshin, and the DVDs were at a really good price. Watched them last night (except for Reflection) and they were pretty good.

Also, didn't actually buy it today, but my copy of The Office: Season 5 was shipped today. Hopefully I won't have to buy a multi-region DVD player, but it's a good possibility I will. I'll have to get one eventually anyway.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Today while finishing up my Christmas shopping, I found "Opus and Bill: A Wish for Wings that Work"

Because of two reasons one I remember watching it as a kid and haven't seen it in forever and two it was only three bucks, :excited: