What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
I bought The Champ (1931) and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) for a friend who is recovering from cancer.

Both films are fun and drama mixed together. Both are also essential explorations of what relationships mean, in the course of a life.

The latter is a great ghost movie -the best ghost movie? Rex Harrison is pretty convincing!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
My brother and I just today got Franklyn in the mail. It's a really well-done and engaging film, I highly recommend it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The 30th Anniversary Schoolhouse Rock collection ^_^

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was at fye the other day, and even though their prices are almost always jacked up, they had "Sid & Marty Kroffts' Saturday Morning Hits" on sale at it's actual retail price... plus, it was #18 on their Top 20 Best Sellers display.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just bought the movie Kinsey yesterday. It's such a well written, well acted film. I love Liam Neeson and Laura Linney, and it's got a great supporting cast (even our beloved Tim Curry has a bit part!). It's a very intriguing, highly fascinating look at Alfred Kinsey's life. This movie is somewhat special for me as it enlightened my fourteen year old mind the first time I saw it on, err, shall we say, delicate intimate details. If you catch my drift.

If you have no problems with profanity, full frontal nudity, and the discussion of said intimate details, I strongly recommend it. It's a wonderfully made film.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
MST3K: The Movie - Because I've wanted to see it since I got into MST3K. It was good and I laughed a lot, but it left me with a 'Yeah...so?' feeling afterwards.

MST3K: The Essentials - Which should arrive sometime in April (CURSE YOU, BACKORDER!)

and, finally:

Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series - Because it's the Fraggles!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Henson's Place just came in the mail today; poppin' it in the player as we speak, can't wait to watch!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just got Seasons One and Two of Billy the Exterminator, rully looking forward to them, as well as the special features.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man it's been sometime since I posted, so I'm probably missing a few DVDs that I picked up, but heres what comes to mind off the bat...

Immigrants- I never heard of this cartoon, but Target had it for only 2 bucks and for me, any cartoon is worth checking out at that price. It's a Klasky Csupo cartoon (the same company that created Rugrats), which is easy to tell by the drawing style. Not bad for the price.

Spirited Away- Still trying to build up my collection of Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli flims and this is a must.

Adult Swim pilots- This was originally only available in that "Adult Swim in a box" set. I don't know just wanted to check these out.