David & Maria's "Above & Below" video

Chris Gawley

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the 70's video wherein David & Maria are supposed to meet at a park bridge for a "date", but David waits on the bridge, & Maria waits on a path under the bridge! Throughout the video, both David & Maria think "Maybe he/she's is waiting on/under the bridge", but when they go to check the other location, they continuously miss each other!

I would love to see this video again, has anyone seen it on youtube, or know of someone who I might be able to get it from?

clipjj27

Reaction score
Yes, Chris, I do remember this clip, and it's on my list of those I want to see again after all these years! If I remember correctly, the music was sort of 'electronic-like,' sort of like 'Do You Know What Backwards Means?' another famed 70's Sesame clip that is on YouTube now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes of course, it would be fun to see this again. There's another clip of Bert and Maria pretend flying that's on my wish list as well. Bert has googles and everything.

There are quite a few Sesame folks who are active here so you never know when these requests may appear.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Give it time I think that Sesmae has so much clips shows and wonderful things that they have done over the past 40 years that it is hard to plan what should be released and what should not.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The clip is on the sesame workshop site. (BTW..so is the "Kermit explains feet".)

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oops! I goofed! Kermit's feet lecture is on on sesamestreet.org Sah-ree