Remembering 9/11

superfan

Reaction score
This is just solely to give out my thoughts and prayers to everyone who was affected (either directly or indirectly) by the events of 9/11. May you all find strength and hope.

:cry:

I can't believe it's been 5 years...it's about as fresh in my mind today as it was in 2001.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
My 1200th message.

But way more importantly, I would also like to give my thoughts to prayers to those affected by the tragedy of five years ago today. Five years. Man, I remember waiting for the first-year anniversary. I've been watching a lot of 9/11 documentaries lately and those horrible, barbaric acts are still as gut-wrenching today as they were then.

I just hope all those who lost loved ones in the tragedy, or just a sense or security because of it, have found or will find at least some comfort or understanding in this messed-up world of ours.

Kiki

Reaction score
It was indeed a sad and tragic day- i remember it! :cry:
All the victims will be in my prayers. :sympathy: God bless them all who were affected.
Y'know, i'm surprised that this thread only has a couple of posts. :concern:

superfan

Reaction score
Despite my best intentions about starting this thread, I wonder if people may avoid posting here to avoid any sort of controversy...
I would like for it to remain a non-political thread.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to cause any controversy Superfan. I think it's important to remember this day and I too want to give my thoughts and prayers to all those affected. I still remember it like yesterday. I was feeling really good when I got up that morning because I finally had the guts to switch majors (it was a big deal, I was going to lose a scholarship by doing so) and had talked to my parents about it the night before. I got up that morning and my mom was like "are you feeling better today?" and I said "yeah" Then we turned on the t.v.....I'll never forget it, ever, it was the worst thing I'd ever seen, the worst feeling I'd ever felt in my life. I offer my prayers today not only to those affected, but also for peace in our world.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just insentsitve or something, but it didn't really effect me all that much. I mean, I care (and still do) for the families that lost relatives in the thing....but I wasn't like a lot of people.

I can watch it and not cry. Am I a bad person?

Also, my prayers still go out to those affected by what happened.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
superfan said:
Despite my best intentions about starting this thread, I wonder if people may avoid posting here to avoid any sort of controversy...
I would like for it to remain a non-political thread.
I have to admit, while I'll "never forget", I typically don't like to be reminded all the time either. This thread is appropriate, though sf. I just have a real diificult time this time of year with all the TV specials, onside reports, political debates and (God help us all) movies about 9/11 (I seriously cannot believe people have made movies about this).
ReneeLouvier said:
Maybe I'm just insentsitve or something, but it didn't really effect me all that much. I mean, I care (and still do) for the families that lost relatives in the thing....but I wasn't like a lot of people.

I can watch it and not cry. Am I a bad person?
Oh Renee, I absolutely have to commend your honesty! I noticed that the further west I went, the less people seemed to care about it, and I understand that, I really do. I live in Jersey where smoke and debris managed to float and fly to our beaches and did volunteer work at Ground Zero shortly after the attacks. It definately affected us (here where I live and work) because we're so close, but after the attacks was when I really was saddened by this huge flux of fake bandwagon patriotism where all you gotta' do is wave a flag and you've completed your civil duties as an American. :mad: I was proud of my country long before these horrific attacks and remain so to this day. I believe that being American involves being honest too, even if the truth hurts. The patriots of this country haven't always been popular at their time in history. I realize I'm not putting into words why I believe your honesty is so pure to me, but believe me; I respect you more for that comment then you can understand.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Oh Renee, I absolutely have to commend your honesty! I noticed that the further west I went, the less people seemed to care about it, and I understand that, I really do. I live in Jersey where smoke and debris managed to float and fly to our beaches and did volunteer work at Ground Zero shortly after the attacks. It definately affected us (here where I live and work) because we're so close, but after the attacks was when I really was saddened by this huge flux of fake bandwagon patriotism where all you gotta' do is wave a flag and you've completed your civil duties as an American. :mad: I was proud of my country long before these horrific attacks and remain so to this day. I believe that being American involves being honest too, even if the truth hurts. The patriots of this country haven't always been popular at their time in history. I realize I'm not putting into words why I believe your honesty is so pure to me, but believe me; I respect you more for that comment then you can understand.
Well, I may be honest. But I was pratically burned at the stake in high school (10th grade) when everyone saw I wasn't bawling my eyes out after it had happened. x_x

It was horrible, but I just sat and watched it happen on CNN in the classroom. I wasn't crying. I was worried, incredibly worried about the people in New York, and all those people dead. But I never really...cried about it. After it had happened, everyone was in tears the entire day. And after it had happened almost the entire school got swept into the "wave the Amercian flag, I'm a true Amercian" deal. The whole patrotic thing.

I prayed that they'd find solace and peace, that many of the people who died (far as I know of course) died instantly. No pain. They were terrified and scared, but when the towers fell, (again far as I know, which isn't much) they felt no pain.

The whole deal after it happened...actually disgusted me somewhat. Everything that happened after is, didn't sit well with me. I know now (as I'm older and I understand it better) what had actually happened behind the scenes....and....*shakes head* I just wish the security and other things were more on top of itself.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
superfan said:
This is just solely to give out my thoughts and prayers to everyone who was affected (either directly or indirectly) by the events of 9/11. May you all find strength and hope.
I really can't improve on that, you say what I want to say. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let's see: on Sept. 11, I was 15 and a sophomore in high school. At 8:45 am I was on my way to French class. Didn't hear what had happened for another few hours. During the afternoon, the teachers told us in full what had happened...but I didn't get the full effect until my brother and I came home and turned on CNN. Kept it on all night.
Sara, I know how you feel. I just remember feeling really numb as we watched the footage. I also remember thinking that the world would never really be the same from there on out.
But at the same time, I knew the sun would rise the next morning and that life would go on.