John-John appearance?

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Someone told me that John-John (the cute kid, chubby cheeks with an afro) from the early years of Sesame Street made an appearance on the 20th anniversary video (obviously as a grown up). Can anyone confirm this please?

zhelder

Reaction score
Cookie fan said:
Someone told me that John-John (the cute kid, chubby cheeks with an afro) from the early years of Sesame Street made an appearance on the 20th anniversary video (obviously as a grown up). Can anyone confirm this please?

Yes, he did. In the special, which originally aired in 1989, the classic clip of John-John counting from 1-20 with Herry is shown, except that the "adult" John-John is shown counting the number 20 with Herry. At the time, John-John was in the Air Force, I believe, and he was shown in his uniform. He was probably about 20 or 21 at the time. The last report on John-John was contained in a blurb in the book Sesame Street Unpaved, published in 1998, and it stated that he was an accountant. (I forget where the book said he lived.) Does anyone know what John is doing today? He was the best Sesame Street kid ever.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, he was also probably the most classic, famous and memorable of the kids. He seemed to be quite a favorite of the people at Sesame Street. He appeared a lot with Grover and Herry. You can't be a Sesame Street kid of the early years and not know who John-John was.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
zhelder said:
Does anyone know what John is doing today? He was the best Sesame Street kid ever.
Wouldn't it be cool if somehow John-John were to see this message board and answer us? That would really be something.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not a kid from the early years and I know who John-john is!

BEAR

Reaction score
Doesn't the Sesame Street Unpaved book say that he is now an accountant in San Antonio, Texas?