Christmas eve on Sesame Street

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Cookie Monster eating his writing utensils, and the very end where he has eaten Gordon & Susan's Christmas tree.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
The Count said:
Favorite moments? All of it! Beat that!
My favorite moments are all of it too.

I liked when Bert and Ernie were at Hooper's Store and I loved the ending with the "Keep Christmas With You All Through The Year".

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Oh!!

I agree, the best part has to be when Kermit and Grover are interviewing kids.

(Kermit: How does he do it?)

“Maybe he's magic and he goes small”

“and he gots his keys.....(Grover: what keys?) Santa Claus keys.”

“He pushes the button, and then he opens and he gets in and he steps on the big step and then he goes in!”

(Grover: And there you have it!) :smile:

LOL!!

Brinatello

Reaction score
Yeah, I love it when Cookie eats all of his writing utensils, but still gets through to Santa Claus. "Ho, ho, ho! Helloooo?" Or I thought it was funny when Oscar basically curses out Big Bird, but his voice is drowned out by a passing subway train. The whole thing is great and it's tough to pick out scenes greater than others!

Kiki

Reaction score
MrsWembly said:
I agree, the best part has to be when Kermit and Grover are interviewing kids.

(Kermit: How does he do it?)

“Maybe he's magic and he goes small”

“and he gots his keys.....(Grover: what keys?) Santa Claus keys.”

“He pushes the button, and then he opens and he gets in and he steps on the big step and then he goes in!”

(Grover: And there you have it!) :smile:

LOL!!
Yeah... i love those quotes! :wink:

MrsWembly

Reaction score
All those kids were so cute. It would be great to have a tv special and interview all those kids now. :smile:

(There probably is and I just don't know about it.)

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, I always got a kick out of those scenes with Kermit, Grover and the Kids. Such imaginative theories. Definitely one of the highlights of the special. I loved the whole thing.

One of my other favorites is the scene at Bob's apartment when Linda teaches the kids to sing the song in sign language as a Christmas present to Bob. It shows that those kinds of presents are the most valueable and meaningful. You don't need material things. That lesson was also shown in another kind of way in the sub-plot with Bert and Ernie. Actually, there were so many wonderful Christmas messages in the special! Even the littlest details were crucial. There was Linda and Bob's story, Hooper, Bert & Ernie's sub-plot, and even Cookie Monster's storyline sort of tied in with the main plot with Big Bird.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I just watched that last night, my all time favorite part has got to be the Snuffleupagus scene, he's one of my favorite characters.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I have this on dvd... i like when Oscar :grouchy: sings "I HATE CHRISTMAS", I dont! but i just like the song! :smile: