Muppet Show DVD's vol. 11-15 now on-line

Kedrick

Reaction score
It is Christmas time again and as I was trying to figure out what to tell my mother to get me I happened across the Time Life website and saw the promotion to buy TBOTMS vols 11-15 at a discounted rate. So I clicked order. Thanks mom!! But a little window popped up "Get all 15 volumes of 'The Best of the Muppet Show' for only $150". Mom loves me, so I changed the order to all 15 DVDs. Yay me!! (and now REALLY Thank you Mom!! Most wonderful of all. Giver of life, love, great meals, and now Muppet Show DVDs (and so much more).

The DVDs were backordered so I was afraid I would not receive them by X-mas, but what they hey: I was still getting all 15 DVDs for about $10 apiece. No complaints here!! Well to my surprise they arrived last Friday. I literally had a weekend of Muppets! Just finishing up with the Juliet Prowse episode last night. I love these DVDs!!! For starters they just look so freakin' cool on my DVD shelving. And the quality of each transfer is excellent. I only hope that Time Life (or Columbia since these are the exact same discs with only the company logo changed) comes out with more!!! I want the Cheryl Ladd and the Christopher Reeve episode (definitely among the best!). The extras were quite nice as well (those some of the Movie Mania "Guess the Film" bits were groaners. Yeesh! :smile:). Here's hoping some kind of "Behind the Scenes of the Muppet Show" makes it onto disc in the near future. That and the Fantastic Miss Piggy Show and I'm set!!!

Clint

The Dreamer

Reaction score
Very cool!

All 15 Muppet Show DVDs for only $149.96! A great price for anyone wanting the entire set, to date.

Just go to www.timelife.com/muppetshow

At first you'll only see the offer for the 10-DVD set for $99.96. But if you add it to your cart, and then you'll see the offer for the 15 DVD set.

(Sadly, orders can only be shipped to US addresses. No foreign orders. So, that leaves us Canadians, and anyone else, out of this good deal. Ah well, such is life.)

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
sad but true...even over phone they can't send to canada (although the operator will think she can until you get to the order #)

that's alright...I could always ship it to the states and then have it mailed, but I think I'll wait until I havemore $$$. Anyone know how long this deal will last??

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
For $2.49 I just had to find out. I'll post the code when I get it if anyone would like.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Thanks very much for taking the plunge. I was going to do the same myself, but I thought I'd come here first and see if this seller was peddling old news, something that all you guys already knew about. Looking forward to your findings. Thanks again. :smile:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Was going to buy the DVDs last weekend but decided to wait to see if there was a coupon code. Low and behold . . .

Go to the Time-life website to order the DVDs.

When you click to add the 10 DVD set to your cart, a pop-up window will make
an
offer for the 15 DVD set.

Then follow
the rest of the instructions on the site.

Their coupon code for ordering on-line is:
* 20% off all Time-Life Coupon Code: mc1218t Expires: 1/31/03

With the 20% coupon code I got all 15 DVDs for $119.97 + 13.99 shipping.

Looking forward to their arrival.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Dang!! Thanks for sharing. And remember folks, if that's too big a chunk of dough for your to plop down right after the holidays, they have the option of four monthly installment payments, with no interest!! =)

Bambi

Reaction score
...or charge them, burn them, and send them back. They are single layer. Very easy

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Gee, I hope MY first post on this board contributed an idea that was a little more remotely honest...... :frown::rolleyes: