Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well I ordered myself one from Master Replicas' website. I don't know when it will get here though since it was on backorder but I can't wait! :smile:

The main facotr in the decision to get it was that the next one they're doing is Gonzo. I knew I was going to HAVE to get Gonzo and then I thought that if I'll be having Gonzo down the line I'd really regret not getting Kermit.

Bein Green

Reaction score
lithiumbrain said:
I am very happy...I received my Kermit today! Number 137. He sure looks great in person... Master Replicas did a great job. I am looking forward to purchasing Gonzo. :smile:

I just watched the Muppet Movie and that version of Kermit looks SO much better than the version MR based its design on. There must be a reason why MR did a 90's version of Kermit rather than the older version (Maybe Disney wanted "their" version of Kermit made?.)
The older Kermit has a much larger head, a longer, more skinny neck, a more elongated body and and wide-set eyes. A possible irony is that a 1979 kermit looks so much different than the current version that if MR did make an earlier version of the character many casual fans might think it doesn't look like Kermit since many are so used to the Kermit they see now. Of course, since this item was made for collectors and Muppet fans (what with the $200 price tag and limited number made) it woudl make more sense to do an erlier "golden age" Kermit than a current one.

The MR Kermit looks very much like the current photo Kermit, so they succseeded (with the exception of the horrable collar. The material is WAY too flimsy. I might get some of that stiff craft felt and make a callar and set it on my Kermit just to see what it looks like).It's just that the photo Kermit does not look like the Kermit many of us love.:smile:

mrsieve

Reaction score
Alien Gonzo,

I'm also from the Toronto area. You will have to pay duty on Kermit :smile:, based on how much hes worth. I think it came to around $36.00 and change.

AlienGonzo

Reaction score
Thats not too bad then, thanks :smile:

Silver Snail was the place I had originally planned on getting him from and they had him for I think about $280 with tax, so it doesnt work out all that bad this way anyway. Hopefully Corner Store is able to get him shipped out tomorrow, or at least by Friday!!!

Davina

Reaction score
KermieUK.. question for you.. what are the dimensions on the display case area you've got him in? I've got probablly another week before mine shows up *crosses fingers* and we had been debating how to display him (at least temporarily).. had seen your display.. then a friend in a pet rodent forum had mentioned using old fishtanks to build display/book cases.. had thought of doing that in another year or so after all the critters die of old age, would be perfect for action figure montages... but, oddly enough, we had a gerbil die this morning and we suddenly have a spare 20 gallon tank and we were wondering if that would be large enough for him... (after it's properly cleaned, of course we could just build a little base then invert and slide the tank right over him... )

we also have a temporarily free 10 gallon, so if nothing else, i'll try both for size and let everyone know.. if the 10 gallon works.. hey, cheap cases for all.. (you can get one for abotu $10 at Walmart..) if the 20 gallon works.. well, they're a bit pricier.. but.. hey, that's what thrift stores and freecycle are for! :smile:

Bear Man

Reaction score
Kermit number 175 has arrived in London and is happily sitting on my desk (since I had him delivered to work) and earning me some very odd looks from co-workers

He's smaller than jad expected, and will definitely need quite a bit of posing to get him "right" but I'm glad he's here! (even if he is leaving little bits of antron fluf everywhere!)

roastnebrie

Reaction score
still no responce!

still waiting.....does anyone know any information on wizard universe? I cant seem to get any info on kermit!:grouchy:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Do you think they'll show some Rare Clips of Kermit? Cause if they are that would be Awsome!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great News Bear Man.

My kermit is not alone in the UK, lol.

Mine also left small bits of fluff dotted around, but it has stopped now.

Have fun,

Chris

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
My Kermit has been signed for by my neighbours, looks like I'll have to wait till the morning to get him...frustrating!