Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Rugby

Reaction score
Just got my email from Alter Ego Comics that my Kermit has shipped. Should be arriving via UPS within the next couple days.

After reading some of the critiques, I hope Master Replicas takes some of our constructive criticism of their photo Kermit prop and make improvements when it comes time to make Gonzo and hopefully Animal. Gotta listen to the fans. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
I don't think you can take comments about Kermit and apply them to Gonzo. Gonzo is built differently. He wears a full suit and his head is sculpted which should increase the cahnce of a perfect put pf the box likeness. Most of the issues with KErmit have to do with people not posing the head properly. I mean, look at one pic and he's a perfect 70's kermit. In another pic he's a great 1980's kermit. Then you have pics where he looks like he was hit in the face with a lead pipe. All of them are made the exact same way. It's all about how people pose him. I doubt Gonzo will have siminlar likeness issues.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
MWoO said:
I don't think you can take comments about Kermit and apply them to Gonzo. Gonzo is built differently. He wears a full suit and his head is sculpted which should increase the cahnce of a perfect put pf the box likeness. Most of the issues with KErmit have to do with people not posing the head properly. I mean, look at one pic and he's a perfect 70's kermit. In another pic he's a great 1980's kermit. Then you have pics where he looks like he was hit in the face with a lead pipe. All of them are made the exact same way. It's all about how people pose him. I doubt Gonzo will have siminlar likeness issues.
Although the MR Kermit is a fantastic collectable, they are not all made exact. The eye balls on mine were put too close together. I thought it was in the design, but after seeing more and more fan photos, I realized that I was sent an imperfect Kermit. My collar was also cut with rather thin points. The last photo posted by Kermieuk looks fantastic. Mine does not look like that and it has nothing to do with posing him. It is those very fine details that make up the look of the character. A little bit off and you lose the likeness. I have also seen fan photos of Kermit where the pupils were placed too low and made him look funny. The very kind people at MR are going to exchange it for me. They have awesome customer service. Gonzo will be hand made just like the Kermit. As a way more complex puppet, more things could become a problem. I hope the finished Gonzo looks identical to the prototype we have seen. That thing looks amazing. In my opinion, I think the Photos of the prototype Kermit on the MR website has a stronger likeness to Kermit than the final product. The eyes are placed better, the mouth comes to more of a point (like the real Kermit), and the collar is way longer and cut with bigger points. When you have a big run of a product made overseas, it is difficult to make every single one exactly the same. Unless 1 or 2 people were doing it, it is near impossible. I doubt that the MR reps are going to China to inspect every single Kermit that was made and only shipping off the perfect ones. :smile: Whoever is putting the Kermits together needs to study the artist proof and the photos so they can get it right every time.:wink: The fans know...suits at Disney don't always know.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Kermit #512 is now happily residing in London. Am very pleased.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Does anyone who ordered from Forbidden Planet heard anything from them yet?They don't usually email you when an item has been shipped to you but has anyone emailed them or anything asking when they 'll be recieving him?

:smile: i don't think i can wait any longer i want to see him in my room next to me so i can relax

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Does anyone who ordered from Forbidden Planet heard anything from them yet?They don't usually email you when an item has been shipped to you but has anyone emailed them or anything asking when they 'll be recieving him?

:smile: i don't think i can wait any longer i want to see him in my room next to me so i can relax
No I still haven't heard anything... actually I'm gonna check my credit card online and see if they've charged me yet...

... hmmm nothing as yet!

ukgonzo

Reaction score
Forbiddenplanet uk can't give a date yet as I kept calling them last week. However bad news http://www.thecollectorzone.com/ who get good infomation on master replica products have him now listed to arrive november 30th in the UK. after receiving this info I cancelled my order with forbidden planet and bought kermit on ebay.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
he's shipping he's shipping... *does a little happy dance* Kermie is shipping DHL and is on his way home, to me!!!! :big_grin: :excited: :big_grin:

tomahawk

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find it a bit strange to compare the Master Replica Kermit to photos of the poser Kermits that, in my opinion, if they are on any sort of commercial release, say a book, c.d., d.v.d., have been digitally corrected? Kermit is not going to be perfect. But if I compare him to any others that I have in my room, he looks just like the real thing. Master Replicas did a wonderful job.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the prototype of Gonzo? I wanna see it! :smile: Also I can't wait till Master Replicas ships my Kermit.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I saw the pics of Gonzo in the other topic (I should've looked there first :rolleyes: )