Funniest Sesame Street sketches

MrsWembly

Reaction score
Its from A Muppet Family Christmas when they put on the play, Twas the Night Before Christmas. Remember? Bert plays Ma and he's wearing a bonnet! HA!
:frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ah, to be honest, it's been years since I've seen Muppet Family Christmas. Thanks for the refreshment!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
my funny fave

There are probably others (where does one begin?) But one that always cracks me up is the cartoon clip demonstrating the letter C.

The guy's favorite "C" word is "CAKE". The word appears, and he lets out a contented sigh.

There are all kinds of cakes, but his favorite is a birthday cake.

In walks Clarence, with a cake fit for a king.

"Why, thank you Clarence! And it isn't even my birthday today!"

Clarence: "I know! (Shoves the whole cake in his mouth, lit candles and all)
It's my boithday! (leaves singing) Happy boithday to me!"

And our poor hero is left there broken-hearted, and doesn't even get a crumb.

But I love the grin on Clarence's face when he lets us know "It's my boithday!" and he opens his mouth to show us his horrible jagged teeth.
I hope they include this on the upcoming Old School box set. This one's a scream!:smile:

And today is Jim Henson's boithday, so I'll save a piece of cake for him

Ziffel

Reaction score
Just about the funniest Ernie and Bert skit to me, as well as funniest moment of the entire SS show, is the skit I mentioned a few times before at the forum: When Ernie shows Bert he can count to ten but keeps starting over. I detailed this one back in April 2005 at the "Favorite Bert and Ernie sketch" thread. Let me quote myself from that thread:

Ziffel said:
There are SO MANY favorite Ernie and Bert skits. Hard to say with certainty what my one favorite one is. But one that is definitely WAY up there is the one where Ernie counts to ten and keeps starting over again at the slightest distraction. This skit just gets funnier and funnier as it goes along. Like when Ernie gets up to 7 then suddenly turns to Bert for no reason and says, " Did you say something, Bert?" And an alarmed Bert says, " No! Nothing Nothing!" Then Ernie says "Oh" and starts all over at one again. Then Ernie gets up to 9 and poor Bert is standing there holding his breath and motioning hysterically with his arms for Ernie to please say ten. SO FUNNY! After about ten seconds Ernie finally does say ten and Bert gasps for breath and says, "At last!" But then Ernie says, "And now I'm gonna say the alphabet. A..B..." ! And Bert screams, "Oh I can't STAND it!" Ernie replies, "Please Bert I'm trying to say the alphabet. A..B..C..D.." And meanwhile Bert is running wildly around the living room screaming and he bangs his head on a table four times!
Truly a hilarious classic. :smile:
This is one sketch I would sure be elated to see be included on the upcoming SS classic dvd set!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Just about the funniest Ernie and Bert skit to me, as well as funniest moment of the entire SS show, is the skit I mentioned a few times before at the forum: When Ernie shows Bert he can count to ten but keeps starting over. I detailed this one back in April 2005 at the "Favorite Bert and Ernie sketch" thread. Let me quote myself from that thread:

This is one sketch I would sure be elated to see be included on the upcoming SS classic dvd set!
I agree with you on this one. The suspense that Ernie puts Bert through to get to 10 is torturing his soul. I too hope they show this restored on the upcoming box set. Although it was a little extreme at the end for Bert to freak out, bang his head on the table (I'm sure some media-watchdog group would have issues with this) and then run SCREAMING past the camera.

Nonetheless, this was great fun to watch growing up:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Xerus

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
There are probably others (where does one begin?) But one that always cracks me up is the cartoon clip demonstrating the letter C.

The guy's favorite "C" word is "CAKE". The word appears, and he lets out a contented sigh.

There are all kinds of cakes, but his favorite is a birthday cake.

In walks Clarence, with a cake fit for a king.

"Why, thank you Clarence! And it isn't even my birthday today!"

Clarence: "I know! (Shoves the whole cake in his mouth, lit candles and all)
It's my boithday! (leaves singing) Happy boithday to me!"

And our poor hero is left there broken-hearted, and doesn't even get a crumb.

But I love the grin on Clarence's face when he lets us know "It's my boithday!" and he opens his mouth to show us his horrible jagged teeth.
I hope they include this on the upcoming Old School box set. This one's a scream!:smile:

And today is Jim Henson's boithday, so I'll save a piece of cake for him
I always laugh at that C cartoon where Clarence ate the cake and the lighted candles too. :smile: And I imagine him saying, "It's my mouth that's on fire!"

Brinatello

Reaction score
When I think of the funniest, I try to think of ones where I giggled to no end with tears in my eyes. Mostly that was due to the Ernie and Bert skits. Oh, well, recently what my sister and I have been doing is laughing over and over with the 'H' Horse or 'D' Dog clips at YouTube. They're plain hysterical. Then, there's the cartoon where the guy keeps sneezing with the song going, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, choooo!" In the process, he's blowing up everything in sight, including his entire house!

When I think of others, I'll post them. :smile:

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Brinatello said:
laughing over and over with the 'H' Horse or 'D' Dog clips at YouTube. They're plain hysterical. :smile:
Are these the alphabet limericks with the hound called Fred and Harry the horse? If so, they are hilarious! I especially like the one about the Lion called Ned and he said "Needle naddle noo and ticky tacky stew", very silly but did it ever had my sides splitting.

Xerus

Reaction score
Another skit I thought was really funny was this cartoon about ants. An ant sees a whole bunch of cakes in a bakery window. He blows his trumpet summoning an army of ants. They got into an elevator and rode up their anthill. And hordes of tiny ants started to march to the bakery holding a tiny flag. But when they got there, they suddenly found a CLOSED sign on the window and one of the ants went, "Closed?!" It was funny because that was the only word spoken in that whole cartoon. :smile: