Nfl 2006

Ziffel

Reaction score
Let's see, I think Dallas and San Francisco were tied for the most with five each and then last year Pittsburgh joined them with their fifth.
I would predict the Bears win it this year; they seem to have the best team. The Colts are very good once again but they aren't winning as dominatingly as Chicago is. That would be an interesting Super Bowl. The Bears great defense against the Colts incredible Peyton Manning led offense.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I think Ziffel is correct. Dallas, SF, and Pittsburgh have won the most Superbowls. I think Green Bay and Chicago have won the most NFL Championships. At this point Indianapolis and Chicago are looking like the two best teams. New England looked very good Monday night as well. There's a long way to go though and the team that is playing the best at the half way point doesn't always win it all. Chicago has been nothing short of dominating so far and they have an easy schedule but all it takes is another clunker game from Grossman in the playoffs like he had agaist Arizona and they'll be done. Look out for Seattle when/if they get healthy. And don't forget what Carolina did against the Bears last year. In the AFC I like Indy's chances this year although they have had problems stopping the run so far. New England and Denver could be problems as well. Baltimore and San Diego are dark horses. All in all though I think an Indy - Chicago Superbowl would be intriguing.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Will never work cause those markets aren't big enough for a Indy-Chicago Superbowl. They have to be from big markets in order for it to be successful. It's all about ratings people. That's why they have so much trouble in baseball. Teams from small markets are winning.

Daniel

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Well the Bears certainly did well this weekend.

Also wich NFL team has won the Superbowl the most times? I know Chicago only had 1 SB championship we just had a 20th aniversary of that this past January. Hopefully will get another.
Speaking of The bears I saw the 1971 Movie Brian's Song about former CB Brian Piccolo.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's one of my all time favorite movies, "Brian's Song". A real powerful tear jerker there. And I guess your Bears caused you some tears today, eh Mike, losing like they did to Miami. What's interesting is in 1985 the Bears were 12-0 and went into Miami on Monday night and got clobbered. Now the Bears come in today at 7-0 and Miami upsets them. Miami, of course, is the only team to ever have a perfect season (17-0, counting post season, in 1972). They really rise to the occasion to defend that accomplishment.
For me, I sure wasn't in tears as I saw my 'Skins knock off B.O. and the Dallas Cowboys! It sure was nerve racking, though! I thought that last second field goal was going to go wide right again. And it was SO sweet seeing B.O. drop passes, especially one right in his arms that would have been a touchdown! They said he has dropped more passes than any other receiver this year. And yet he thinks he's all that! HA! Something else came up a few days ago regarding more controversy with B.O. Forget what it was specifically, but it's amazing that this guy can't even behave himself coming off a big win (Dallas pummeled Carolina something like 37-14 last week). And another congrats to Vic's Giants for winning again. Granted, it was a rather ugly win, only 14-10 against the lowly Texans, but hey a win's a win, and the Giants are now in first place by 2 whole games. And Muppets Rule, sorry about your Pack falling in Buffalo today. What's too bad is statisically they outplayed the Bills, but gave up a costly touchdown throw from Losman, and also had that costly interception from the Bills' one yard line. And teheheman sorry about your Bengals coming up short again. But it was another tough team in their killer schedule so it's understandable.
Tonight oughta be a good one with Indi at New England. I pick the Pats to win and thus mean there will be no undefeated teams anymore in the NFL this year.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Dangnabit, does Cincinnati get any calls go their way? I mean, seriously, that call that made TJ take his helmet off was bull, and that call a few weeks ago when Tampa Bay got their first win was bull too. I haven't seen a call that was bad go Cincinnati's way in games they could have won. TJ shouldn't have taken his helmet off, but I see why he was upset.

Daniel

imwhoim

Reaction score
Darn, too bad they don't score on stats......Green Bay should have won a game they so dominated offensively...oh ya, turnovers into the endzone, how could I forget. I can not even watch the highlight clips this week.

In the mean time I am rooting for Washington over the Eagles this week. Not because I like Washington, I just don't like the Eagles and want to see the fans suffer - they will be calling for trades and canning of Reid. There is no excitement and very little talk in Philly this week regarding the Eagles.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well some exciting NFL action yesterday. I loved that fourth quarter of the Giants-Titans game. Tennessee was losing 21-0 and roared back for a very exciting 24-21 win. The Titans and Vince Young looked so good in that quarter. And the fans were cheering loudly which made it all the more fun. In the Colts game it it was great to see the Eagles get routed again but the crowd wasn't all that loud. It's almost like the Colt fans are so used to seeing their team do good that they've lost some enthusiasm do to the almost given that the Colts will win. By the way, here's the results of the last 4 times the Colts have played Philadelphia:

2006: Colts 45, Eagles 21
2002: Colts 35, Eagles 13
1999: Colts 44, Eagles 17
1996: Colts 37, Eagles 10

What's especially sweet about these blowouts is each time the week before these games I've heard Eagle fans talking like they think the Eagles could actually beat Peyton Manning and company. Ha ha!

Baltimore looked great in whipping the Steelers (so the Super Bowl champs now probably won't even make the playoffs) with those 9 sacks. And the Bengals are getting back in form these last 2 weeks. This sets up for what should be a great game this Thursday: Baltimore at Cincy.

San Diego won again but surprisingly was losing 14-7 to Oakland in the 4th quarter. And the Pats pulled out a close one against da Bears.

And on Thanksgiving the Cowboys surged all over Tampa Bay. I hate Dallas and especially more so now that Owens is on their team. But they are looking good since they switched to Romo. I hope someone like Chicago or Seattle can bump them off in the playoffs.

My Skins won! But, at 4-7, their playoff hopes are pretty slim (if that!).

And boy Atlanta has been looking bad (though Vick did get some more impressive runs. But too bad his receivers can't catch). Seeing as how the Skins play the Falcons at Washington next week, maybe we'll actually win 2 in a row! :smile:

Hmmm the Lions and the Cardinals (who haven't won a division title since 1975 and haven't had 10 wins since 1976) both lost. What a surprise. The reason they both didn't lose the previous week is because they played each other! heh heh

Teheheman

Reaction score
You'll be sure that I'll be watching Cincy vs Baltimore. They might not catch Baltimore, but you'll be sure that they'll make the wild card teams nervous.
As far as Dallas, Romo was a BEAST!!! Either that, or TB's defense sucks. I guess it's too late to ask Bledsoe to pack it up?
Washington would need some really good luck, but all the teams that are still in it, suck, so they have a shot. The NFC isn't as competitive as the AFC is. The NFC is gonna send at least an 8-8 team in. In the AFC, a 10-6 record might not even get you in the playoffs at the rate this is going.
Atlanta is lucky that they didn't lose against the Bengals, they played really badly, and Vick'll get fined for telling the fans how he really feels :wink:
Lions suck, Cardinals suck, Texans suck, Browns definatly suck. That's about it from me.
WHO-DEY!!!

Daniel