Muppet Figure Customizations

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, it is I, the Count! Here's a few quick questions about Muppet customs I'm itching to have answered.
About the robotic rabbit included with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. This figure looks almost like the Steel Rabbit.
1 Should the figure's eyes be painted gray to match the character's eyes?
2 Should the blue lever tucked behind the figure's right ear be painted gray?
3 Should the blue and green buttons on the figure's chest be painted black?
4 Should any custom paint changes be made to the rabbit figure at all? Or should it stay just the way it is, called the Steel Rabbit?

What are your opinions on this potential project? I'm looking forward to all of your suggestions. Palisades has done a wonderful job creating fully detailed figure versions of these characters, but I'd like to hear what you think when it comes to the subject of comparison between the actual Steel Rabbit and the robot rabbit included with the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew figure.

Halloween, it's the scariest time of the year, the Count.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I know about Artie's custom Muppet figures. The question is should I proceed with this first one I have in mind or should I leave the robotic rabbit figure from Series 1 as is?

Thanks Phil, the Count.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
I know about Artie's custom Muppet figures. The question is should I proceed with this first one I have in mind or should I leave the robotic rabbit figure from Series 1 as is?

Thanks Phil, the Count.
Well I'm all for it if you have the artistic chops to make it look better. I guess, ultimately, it's up to your prefrence. Which is more important to you? Preserving the figure "as purchased" as much as possible so as to be a more valuable collectible. Or having a figure that has the appearance you want. Obviously, any customizing you do to a figure will reduce it's value for the collector's market of the future, but if you're more interested in having the figure that makes you the haapiest when you look at it, and play with it, then by all means, go for it. I've customized some of my "collectibles" in the past and have always been happy with the results.
J~

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Well, here's a pic on a Daily Bit in Palisades' site of the robot rabbit they were going after:

http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyBits/JulyOne/Reference 02.jpg

Seems pretty close to me. I'm gonna start customizing Muppets as well...soon as they go on sale. I've already repainted an extra Dr. Teeth as WW exclusive, both Piggy's hair and mouth, and both my Kermit's face/body to be the kind of dingy yellow-green that appears to be in the show.

Smig

Reaction score
I just compared the pic to the finished rabbit, and i see one detail that palisades definetly screwed up on...

That thingie on the side of the rabbit's head isn't a lever, it's a BICYCLE HORN!!

Smig

beaker

Reaction score
Um, the Robot Rabbit that comes as a packin with Bunsen is the SAME character as the steel rabbit from the episode. Personally, I think Robot Rabbit sounds better. Anyways, I hope we get to see more character packins from Palisades in this line.

As for Muppet customizations, I *finally* just made my first virtually from scrap articulated(well arms and head) Muppet figure. Man I so need a scanner and that castilene stuff!