What I think happened...

Marky

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
LOL, you're kidding right?

Don'ta getta me wrongo, I LOVE Star Wars. But the CGI in the prequels man, I've seen Saturday Morning "cartoons" with better effects. If they could just perfect the shadows on CGI beings, creatures, and objects, then it'd be, well, perfect.

King Kong is the best I've seen, I think. Pretty tired right now. Oh yeah, War of the Worlds looked 100% real too.

But then again, those were all by ILM right? Maybe not. Like I said, tired.

*Case In Point* Episode III, you can always tell when it's real R2 and CG R2 y'know? A lot of the sets too, and Clones.

P.S. I thought Cars had loads of heart. Very predictable, but still, hearty.

I didn't see King Kong. But yes, ILM did War of the Worlds (and pretty much all of Speilberg's stuff since JP). They also came in at the last minute and saved Peter Jackson's behind with the LOTR trilogy.

In fact, anytime you see CG effects done by anyone, you have ILM's innovative work and willingness to make such tools available for all film makers. They created and pioneered it!!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh yeah man, that's common knowledge. But please tell me you're with me on the R2 stuff!

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

EDIT: I think I'm muffining! Not on purpose though. Apologies. :big_grin:

Marky

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Oh yeah man, that's common knowledge. But please tell me you're with me on the R2 stuff!

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

EDIT: I think I'm muffining! Not on purpose though. Apologies. :big_grin:
You mean on Greivous's ship? Yeah. some shots where he's crashing around - he moves too fast and cartoony. His scale and weight look wrong when they do that - kind of like the 1st Spiderman.

BTW - pardon my ignorance, but what does 'muffining' mean?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Marky said:
I didn't see King Kong.
Marky, you owe it to yourself to see 'King Kong'.
Not only was it an excellent use of CGI, but it was a good action movie too.

Personally I've never cared for monkey movies, but this one was great.

Marky

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Marky, you owe it to yourself to see 'King Kong'.
Not only was it an excellent use of CGI, but it was a good action movie too.

Personally I've never cared for monkey movies, but this one was great.
Yeah... I think I'll check it out sometime. Maybe over (Canadian) Thanksgiving next weekend. Cheers.

beaker

Reaction score
Actually I liked Madagascar more than the Wild, BUT the animation on Madagascar looked like it was from 1997...just horrid, while the Wild looked absolutely beautiful.

But geez, how many animal cgi movies come out a year? I lost count.
(Open Season, Over the Hedge, Valiant, Barn Yard, Hoodwinked, Chicken Little,
Ice Age 2, etc)

I liked chicken Little, and I LOVED Robots. I think Monsters Inc is perhaps the best out of all of them, finding Nemo was great too.

I feel that Cars is by far the worst Pixar film, followed by A Bug's Life(liked Antz way better) I don't have much hope for Ratoulouie.

We all know Muppets were Eisner's thing...and some thing Igre is kicking the Muppets down the tubes as a psuedo spite to Eisner and or seeing it as unimportant.

I myself would LOVE to know JHC and Muppeteers TRUE feelings on where the Muppets are at and their future.

I think they should speak out, since they've put the world into them.

Outsiders may think we are fringe...those who see the Muppets as not some kiddy era specific nostalgia...but a constant. Something that will always be here to entertain, make us laugh, provoke ideas, and provide a global sense of wonder.

I don't know how better to articulate my extreme frustration at the Muppets current situation, and I dare say it doesnt seem like hardly anyone is speaking out or doing anything about it(Jim Hill, where are ya?)

As I said in my thread, what IS there to look forward to?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
beaker said:
As I said in my thread, what IS there to look forward to?
As far as Sesame Street goes I did learn from a Sesame Street source that a number of months back Sesame did have a special training class for the current Sesame Muppeteers hosted by Frank Oz.

Seems Frank was invited to train the current crop of Sesame Muppeteers to perform more 'Old School.' To try and bring back the magic that the Sesame muppets once had.

Hopefully we'll see if his knowledge and skills translates into a better Sesame Street next season.

Marky

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
As far as Sesame Street goes I did learn from a Sesame Street source that a number of months back Sesame did have a special training class for the current Sesame Muppeteers hosted by Frank Oz.

Seems Frank was invited to train the current crop of Sesame Muppeteers to perform more 'Old School.' To try and bring back the magic that the Sesame muppets once had.

Hopefully we'll see if his knowledge and skills translates into a better Sesame Street next season.
Well that'd be great, I guess. I don't really watch that show anymore myself, but today's kids deserve the same magic I had watching it for sure. Hearing about that old-school DVD set made me happy though (I'm born in '73).

beaker

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:

Excellent. Shows Oz still cares. And I now admit, it was in the longrun GOOD Sesame Street seceded from JHC, otherwise who knows...Disney mighta gobbled em off. With the exception of Washington politicians, Sesame Street can never be shelved or taken away(only destroyed from the inside out by too much Elmo:smile: )

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Marky said:
BTW - pardon my ignorance, but what does 'muffining' mean?
Muffining is when a thread goes seriously off-topic.

beaker, you said that you would like to see what JHC and the Muppeteers think of what's going on? I'd kinda like to know what's going on. HA! I saw the "Save the Muppets" petition, and I honestly can't figure it out. I haven't seen any official announcement or anything about this, other than Statler and Waldorf bit and the auditionings a few months back. What is it?