Puppet idea sketch

TML

Reaction score
Hey I'm new on the forum here, though I was semi-regular on the Palisades Muppets boards. I teach elementary art and have come up with the idea of using puppets to help teach classroom management and some how to videos (Imovies is great). I designed the character to be very Muppetesque in hopes that the kids will identify with it. I have purchased the rotundo pattern form Project Puppet and some antron fleece. Wish me luck!

So how do you post pics on here?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There's no pic hosting on MC, once you've been a member for a little while you can post URLs to pics if you like (I think you need to make a certain number of posts). Until them, PM me or another regular on the board if you want to share something and we'll be happy to post the links for you.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
yep....you have to have 10 posts before you can include links...

Blink

Reaction score
TML said:
Hey I'm new on the forum here, though I was semi-regular on the Palisades Muppets boards. I teach elementary art and have come up with the idea of using puppets to help teach classroom management and some how to videos (Imovies is great). I designed the character to be very Muppetesque in hopes that the kids will identify with it. I have purchased the rotundo pattern form Project Puppet and some antron fleece. Wish me luck!

So how do you post pics on here?
Hey TML,

Best of luck! Besides being a puppet builder and puppeteer I am also a elementary school teacher. Puppets are a great way to keep children's attention. I just used mine last week (I give them a few weeks to learn routines before introducing the puppets). It has always been an effective teaching tool.

Project Puppet is definately the way to go.

TML

Reaction score
Well Iam creating sort of an art room mascot to do different videos with throughout the year. The first two are going to be on the proper way to use a glue stick and how the primary colors can be mixed. I just about finished one puppet today. I used the sock puppet pattern for a white rabbit that will assist magically changing the colors. The main character is still in the early stages of construction using the roly pattern enlarged. A few more posts and I can post a link to the sketches and pics. :zany:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Using Puppets

I work for a children's cancer camp full-time -Camp Trillium. During the summer I do announcements in front of about 200 people, three times a day. I use puppets to keep everyone's attention and it works! I find if I don't use them I end up loosing my voice in one day. Puppets keep the kids attention, and make camp more fun.