UK TV : Muppets

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Just to let UK fans know that there will be a couple of programs with appearances from the Muppets:smile: :

Jonathan Ross's World of Robin Hood
Time - 16:10 to 17:10 (1 hour long).
When - Sunday 8th October on BBC 1

As Robin Hood returns in a BBC1 drama series, Jonathan Ross explores the enduring popularity of a figure who's been celebrated in English life for over 600 years. Ross traces the many reinventions of Robin, from medieval troublemaker to noble protector of the poor and Saxon freedom fighter, and looks at some of incarnations of this archetypal English hero - from Spanish films and German musicals to Canadian cartoons, from Morecambe and Wise to The Muppet Show. (Widescreen, Subtitles)

and

The Best of Royal Variety
Time - 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long).
When - Thursday 12th October on ITV3

Legends.
Highlights from 46 years of the Royal Variety Performance. This edition spotlights the legends and superstars of stage and screen who have graced the show over the years, featuring interviews with Sir Cliff Richard, Liza Minelli, Kermit and Miss Piggy, and Roy Hudd, and stories about Diana Ross, Larry Hagman and rare archive footage of a young Julie Andrews. (Exclusive to ITV3, Premiere, Widescreen)

mattyboy

Reaction score
I missed the Royal Variety thing - grrr. Where they on this week, if so could you let me know what happened, cheers!

mattyboy

Reaction score
I saw the Robin Hood thing - this critic said he liked the version but he was completely wrong - he said something about piggy playing maid marian (partly true) but that she was attacked or something by Gonzos chicken (pa ha???).
The Royal Variety thing though is a 5 part series - the first part was about Legends (the one this week that I missed!!!!) - next week is about Entertainers (my hope is that this is about the Muppets - please!!!)

travellingpat

Reaction score
Why do the muppets get so much UK coverage?, sorry UK people but you guys get so much of them, why not put them on a couple talk shows?

pepestarr

Reaction score
Well Kermit was on Martha which is US the other day.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Why do the muppets get so much UK coverage?, sorry UK people but you guys get so much of them, why not put them on a couple talk shows?
Light entertainment was very unpopular in the UK in the 90s having been the mainstay of tv over the 70s and 80s, but it is becoming more and more popular today, which is perhaps part of why the muppets get a lot of UK coverage. That, and the fact that a lot of British television focuses on nostalgia. Looking back at the great and the not so great.