UK TV : Muppets

mattyboy

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS - I checked the Radio Times magazine for next week and on Thursday 26th is Royal Variety documentary about the comedians who have appeard on the show - guest appearances by Catherine Tate and THE MUPPETS!!!! - MuppetDanny - we didn't miss them after all - HOORAY!!!!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
GOOD NEWS - I checked the Radio Times magazine for next week and on Thursday 26th is Royal Variety documentary about the comedians who have appeard on the show - guest appearances by Catherine Tate and THE MUPPETS!!!!
Thanks for the update mattyboy :smile:
mattyboy said:
MuppetDanny - we didn't miss them after all - HOORAY!!!!
We did, a friend of mine e-mailed me asking did I see the Muppets. Let's hope we see the 1977 performance than the 1996 one with Right Said Fred.

mattyboy

Reaction score
I've seen an advert for the docu and it was definetly Kermit and Fozzie in suites from 1977 - but we wont truly know until we see it (knowing my luck I'll forget again:mad: )

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
I've seen an advert for the docu and it was definetly Kermit and Fozzie in suites from 1977 - but we wont truly know until we see it (knowing my luck I'll forget again:mad: )
Fantasic! :smile: I will be taping that!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Did we all miss last Thursdays show? A woman at work told me that she had seen The Muppets on TV the following day and I forgot all about it??

Have to remember tomorrow night.

Chris

mattyboy

Reaction score
OMG!!! Bloody Radio Times lied to the nation - they weren't on tonight. I'm sorry to say it was such utter crap - 2 minutes of Jack Benny and Ronnie Corbett but 20 minutes of Bradley Walsh and Joe Pasqualye - what's up with U.K society???

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
mattyboy said:
OMG!!! Bloody Radio Times lied to the nation - they weren't on tonight. I'm sorry to say it was such utter crap - 2 minutes of Jack Benny and Ronnie Corbett but 20 minutes of Bradley Walsh and Joe Pasqualye - what's up with U.K society???
I think Radiotimes mis-printed it and that was ment for last week

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
The programme was shown last night

The Muppet bit ran about 7mins and was mostly from, I think, 1996. The programme did show a couple of bits from 1977 where Bob Hope introduces them as Jimmy Henson's Muppets. Kermit told Fozzie the Royal family were behind him and Fozzie got scared. and Another part of the performance was where The Muppets were singing "We Got Us" (from TMS 2 album). Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo and Robin were in their black tuxes. Fozzie was wearing his black Top hat, Piggy had the same dress she had on when she sang with Elton John. Floyd had the same clothes also from the Elton John episode and Animal & Rowlf were as usual.

Just in case the Muppets appear again, the series will continue on :
Sunday 19th November Starting: 21:00
Sunday 26th November Starting: 22:00