Halloween Costumes

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I wasn't planning on going trick-or-treating this year (a first...but I'm finally getting on in years and this transition is not because it's "not cool any more" or "all of my friends will laugh at me," but simply because this year, taking a nap sounds more appealing than traipsing about the streets with the other costumed revelers). However, when my little sister begged me to go with her, and suggested that she go as Red and I go as Mokey, I couldn't resist. I'm going to start working on our costumes as soon as possible. :excited:

Tonichelle

Reaction score
at the portrait studio where I work we're all dressing up for Halloween and I'm going to be Daisy Duck. Got my costume from DisneyShopping.com in the mail today and I already tried it on and I LOVE it! It's so cute!

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I decided to make my costume this year. :smile: It's a little tighter around the waist than I thought, and I accidentally made the stripes on the back of the shirt horizontal instead of vertical. But besides that, the shirt looks fine so far.

Oh, and before I ramble on about what sounds like nothing, I'm dressing up as Blind Pew... Sort of. >.> I couldn't get a very accurate picture of the costume, so I added some of my own touches to make up for it.

Now that I'm finished with the shirt, now all I need is some black fabric for the cape (and I'm gonna tear it up a bit for effect--and for the sake of accuracy), a black pirate's hat with a black feather (gonna tear that up a bit, too! :wink: ). But I'm not sure whether I really should get two eyepatches or stick with one; either way, I'm probably gonna buy a matching cane--in case my back starts aching again while I'm out trick-or-treating. And as for the blue face makeup... Meh, the costume's more important. :rolleyes:

~ Morgan "Clueless" Goat

Skye

Reaction score
Everybody's ideas are so cool so far! And what a totally awesome idea, Morgan Clueless... I bet you're gonna look awesome! :smile:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Skye said:
Everybody's ideas are so cool so far! And what a totally awesome idea, Morgan Clueless... I bet you're gonna look awesome! :smile:
Thanks, Skye. About a month or so ago (say, August?), I was down to about four characters: Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, Clueless Morgan, or Begoony's pirate costume from MTI. I crossed out Jack because I can find similar sweaters anywhere, if I looked hard enough. I crossed out Begoony 'cause it was really simple. And Morgan... He was an earlier idea, but I crossed him out way before the other three.

I chose Pew because his costume design was rather complex, but also somewhat simple in some ways, thus giving me a challenge (this is the first time I made a human-sized garment by myself; and it's the second time I've done something that fits me). Funny thing about it is that I hadn't really used measurements at all--I used a new sweater and one of my jackets as reference--and it still manages to fit me! :smirk:

I'm very proud of it, despite its small flaws. And if you want, I can scan the design I drew up for it.

~ Morgan "Clueless" Goat

PS: Costume Design--http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bpcostumers1.jpg

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
heck yeah Im dressing up!

Im thinking of being Jessica Rabbit- but I have a Halloween party to go to at my Fiancees school- they have a costume contest and I have to win! (its the whole makeup artist thing, I thrive on a challenge like that!)

2 years ago I was the Katchup Queen (thanks to Byron!) and i won! :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
Well, I haven't decided yet. But here are my choices:

Thing 1 or Thing 2 from Cat in the Hat

A Homestar Runner Character

OR......

WEIRD AL YANKOVIC! (this is my most likely choice)
Lol, I'd go w/ the Weird Al idea, sounds cool! :wink: Fab idea!

Kiki

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
heck yeah Im dressing up!

Im thinking of being Jessica Rabbit- but I have a Halloween party to go to at my Fiancees school- they have a costume contest and I have to win! (its the whole makeup artist thing, I thrive on a challenge like that!)

2 years ago I was the Katchup Queen (thanks to Byron!) and i won! :smile:
Jessica Rabbit's an awesome idea! She's so cool. :cool:

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I totally want to be Princess Toadstool from Super Mario Brothers! I just have to find the time to make it! :excited:

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Sounds awesome, Morgan! Don't forget the crazy accent and the total lack of direction. Maybe even pass out Black Spots to random people and see if they get it. :zany: