Hair!

GabeFirestone

Reaction score
hey everybody! (haven't posted in a while... lots of homework :smile:

besides highschool (EWW!), I've been trying to find enough time to make a puppet for a woman who saw my puppets and "hired me out"!

i have been trying to find different mediums to use as hair, and boas have been working so far as well as yarn (but not he stringy kind... it looks like hair).

i am wondering if anybody else has some suggestions on other types of things to use. as i said before, there are lots of different kinds of yarn, but what else it there? i'm also VERY limited in price range!

thanks ahain! ~gabe :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you check in the last couple of posts in the puppetry resources thread I posted about ostrich feather hair, like that of Wembley's, and where to buy it!

At some secondhand shops you can find (and this is gross) wigs!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
or you could go to a beauty shop and buy hair....you can buy either synthetic or real....both work well. And you can get them in all colors and shades....the only thing is if you want shape to it...you should probably buy a wig....cuz shaping the hair is an effort.

biblebetty

Reaction score
right now its halloween, and it a good time to look at the drifferent hair peices they sell at drug stores, big lots & costumes shops. you can buy the childrens size and alter it abit. it's fun and they have a wide selection of sizes and colors. they work great.:smile:

GabeFirestone

Reaction score
thanks, but...

thanks for your help, everybody, but I have been using the feathers, and they just make the puppets look like boys (that is why i am trying to find something else!)

i was also concidering wigs, but the are sortof expensive when you need a lot of them, and they don't fit on my puppets' heads right! (synthetic, of course... something about human hair on a puppet makes me nautious...:embarrassed: )

besides that, my only other ideas were yarn! any more ideas? otherwise i'll just have to keep loking :frown:

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! I APPRECIATE IT! oh, and I loe all of you amazing MC people... extreemly nice and very helpful!

wes

Reaction score
at a Beauty store they sell hair extension you might want to try that, and there this yarn that looks really stringy you can get at a craft store you might want to try.

Hope this helps !!:smile:

sleepylagoon

Reaction score
Recently at my local dollar store (also at the supermarket)I came across some dusters not made of feathers but of plastic fiber which is very lively but not as lightweight as ostrich plumes. They come in a variety of colors and are great for puppet hair you might wanna give em a looksee
:wink:

thedoogles

Reaction score
feathers

Have to say that I too have found feathers to be really effective... especially ostrich feathers as they are very fine... and available in so many different colours