First Muppet movie you saw in the theater?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm sure (or at least, I hope) that many of us have seen at least one Muppet movie in the theater. Which one was it? How old were you? What kind of impression did it leave you with?

I was 8 or 9 when I saw Muppet Treasure Island in the theater, and dash it all if it wasn't a really impacting experience in my life. It just reinforced my love for the Muppets (and probably started my closet interest in swordplay). That's probably why it remains one of my favorite Muppet movies to this day.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The first (and really only) Muppet movie I saw in theater was Muppet Treasure Island. I was about ten or something like that. I did like it, but even than I was more of a fan of "Classic Muppets" than had Jim Henson's magic in it. I was wacthing "The Muppet Show" whenever I could, plus all the older specials and movies. And although I did enjoy this movie very much, even back than I still said it doesn't even come close to "The Muppet Movie."

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I've only seen 2 Muppet Movies in theatres, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets From Space

dpurves

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see The Muppet Movie in its first release way back in 1979. I saw it several times the summer before I started 3rd grade, then remember having to wait a couple of years before it finally came to network TV so I could watch it again.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't remember this at all, but my very first movie theater experience ever was Follow That Bird. Unfortunately, since this was my first time at the movies, I started crying and had to be dragged out! :embarrassed: But I eventually got to see the movie on tape and loved it!

That's so cool for you guys who got to see The Muppet Movie in a theater, that would have been great.

I never went to see Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppets From Space, etc. in a theater. I just had no interest.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
The only Muppet movie I didn't see in a theatre was Muppet Treasure Island. I've seen The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets From Space all in the theatre. I don't really count the Sesame Street movies(Follow that Bird and Elmo In Grouchland). Although I did enjoy Follow That Bird when I saw it on video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was born in 1984, but I doubt that my parents would have taken me to the movies at such a young age, so I probably didn't see The Muppets Take Manhattan in theaters. As far as I know, the first Muppet movie that I saw in theaters was The Muppet Christmas Carol. I also saw Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space in theaters.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I saw GMC, MTM and MFS in the theatre (MTM and MFS on opening night!) and I also saw Follow That Bird in the theatre too. At MTM, my cousin and I wore Muppet t-shirts and each had a Muppet plush. I had :smile: and he had :concern: and the theatre manager took our picture for the theatre's newsletter, which to a six year old was like being on television.

muppetsforever

Reaction score
My Frist muppet movie in a theater was MCC. I was 14. It was really cool too cuz my dad took me to see it and ofcourse waited so long after it was released that it was only showing in the old downtown movie theater. and when i say old i mean old enough to actually look like the theater from the muppet show. I remember that sceen from MCC with Jacob and Robert Marly's ghosts really scaring me. Still gives me chills to this day. :sleep: :boo:

Marky

Reaction score
The first one I saw in theatres was The Muppet Movie. I was almost 6 years old. I got the soundtrack for my birthday - The Electric Mayhem is still one of my absolute favourite Muppet things - ever!