Best Deal on a Puppet You Have Came Across

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
I know prices on puppets range in quality. What are some of the best deals you have come across when it came to buying a custom puppet? :big_grin: :halo: :cool:

Teenager's

Reaction score
No offense....and I know you're not consciously doing it.....but I think you're almost ruining the art.....or at least undermining it. Puppetry is not about "Great Deals" on your characters or materials you are able to get. Especially for custom puppets. And you're insulting the work of Puppeteers and Puppet builders on this forum by posting this thread.

I've taken into account that you do ministry stuff.......and churches usually look for cheap puppets....because they don't really care...they just want to get their message out. Not to say all churches have bad cheap puppets cuz I read about One that had nice quality puppets....but they weren't cheap.

I don't know how long you've been doing puppetry or what your puppetry skills are like.....but I would like to request that you look around and read more in this forum...maybe take a year to start studying the craft a bit more....cuz it seems like you kind of jumped into building your own foam puppets.....I do like your ideas for the vent puppets....and the basic structure of your puppets.....but I think you need more time to expierement on your own....and without selling them on ebay....just learn from each puppet you build...because this is a Great place to receive Constructive Criticism.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
Amen!

.....(that was a church joke)

but yes...this is a Great place to receive constructive criticism from other Great and aspiring artist's

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Teenager's said:
No offense....and I know you're not consciously doing it.....but I think you're almost ruining the art.....or at least undermining it. Puppetry is not about "Great Deals" on your characters or materials you are able to get. Especially for custom puppets. And you're insulting the work of Puppeteers and Puppet builders on this forum by posting this thread.

I've taken into account that you do ministry stuff.......and churches usually look for cheap puppets....because they don't really care...they just want to get their message out. Not to say all churches have bad cheap puppets cuz I read about One that had nice quality puppets....but they weren't cheap.

I don't know how long you've been doing puppetry or what your puppetry skills are like.....but I would like to request that you look around and read more in this forum...maybe take a year to start studying the craft a bit more....cuz it seems like you kind of jumped into building your own foam puppets.....I do like your ideas for the vent puppets....and the basic structure of your puppets.....but I think you need more time to expierement on your own....and without selling them on ebay....just learn from each puppet you build...because this is a Great place to receive Constructive Criticism.
Perhaps I should have used different wording before posting this thread. I am always open to constructive criticism, but my intention is not to undermine puppetry or insult other puppet builders or performers. I do know; however, that some individuals do like a good deal every now and then. And no, I did not just jump into building foam puppets. It's been a process that I am still working on and have been for several years. I understand that puppetry is an ongoing and devloping art.When you stop learning you are probably dead. I was really just curious about some of the types of puppets that people have come across that were outstanding deals. I have spent quiet a bit at times on special characters that we utilize in our ministry - and sorry to say - I do look at pricing at times when it comes to buying a puppet. An unfortunate truth is that when you use a character over and over again consitantly (with the packing and unpacking due to travel) - they do eventually wear out and need replacing. Some of our personal characters are used quiet a bit due to the extensiveness of our yearly schedule. So, looking for a good deal has nothing to do with undermining an art form. I suppose this was one reason that I started learning about puppet creation. And yes, this does appear to be a great place to learn from others.:rolleyes:

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
yes

gfarkwort said:
Amen!

.....(that was a church joke)

but yes...this is a Great place to receive constructive criticism from other Great and aspiring artist's
yes, agreed. :halo:

pjspuppets

Reaction score
custom puppets

I invite you to check out our website: www.pjspuppets.com

We do custom puppets at what I think are very reasonable prices. Our ready-made puppets range from $75 to $140. And we do custom puppets for $130 to $150.

The website shows what we have available, as well as puppets we've made according to our clients' specifications.

Thanks.
Pat
PJ's Puppets

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Nice Site!

pjspuppets said:
I invite you to check out our website: www.pjspuppets.com

We do custom puppets at what I think are very reasonable prices. Our ready-made puppets range from $75 to $140. And we do custom puppets for $130 to $150.

The website shows what we have available, as well as puppets we've made according to our clients' specifications.

Thanks.
Pat
PJ's Puppets
Pat:

Very nice site. I will be sure to keep it in mind for the future.:smile: