big bird sings ABC as one word

El Sesame

Reaction score
Remember that song where big bird tried pronouncing the ABC's as one long word? Does anyone here remember what year that was?:stick_out_tongue:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It goes back to the early days and the first SS album has a version of it though I don't know when exactly it was used on the show.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
This looks like a perfect question for BEAR or The Count.

I personally don't have any idea, but it sounds hilarious!
:smile:
Anthony

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm guessing it was the first season since Big Bird had more of a dopey voice at the time. I heard it on MC Radio when he asked Susan and Gordon what it was.

While we're on the subject, I saw a sketch on You Tube the other day with Elmo singing it to Preston Rabbit. That was interesting, because I sort of thought Elmo's version of the song was just made for that CD. I never knew he really sang it on the show. I wonder how he could have known the song if he hadn't heard Big Bird sing it before.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
It's on the "Whats The Name Of That Song?" DVD released a few years ago as one of the bonus classic segments.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
The Big Bird song "ABC-DEF-GHI" made its recording debut on the 1970 Sesame Street Book and Record.

Not sure when it premiered on the show, though.

Cookie fan

Reaction score
I remember an episode where Big Bird goes to a school and sees the alphabet spread acoss a blackboard and he pronounces it as one word, he then sings the song we all know. I think that episode was early 1980's. Not the actual debut of the song though I think.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
It's on the "Whats The Name Of That Song?" DVD released a few years ago as one of the bonus classic segments.
Yeah. That's actually the one that they played when I watched the show as a kid with BB showing the kids stuff in his nest and one of them was the alphabet.

zhelder

Reaction score
I believe the song is from 1971. Big Bird performed the song on the Flip Wilson show, so it's an oldie but a goodie.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
The Big Bird song "ABC-DEF-GHI" made its recording debut on the 1970 Sesame Street Book and Record.

Not sure when it premiered on the show, though.
No the song's a year older than that.