In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

CoOKiE

Reaction score
intresting facts that i've learned from that site are, Wembly does NOT have yellowish-green hair... but it is Orange... And Mokey has grey hair... not the teal (or if you want to argue, baby blue) hair.

Don't go blabberin that the British are color blind... i'm a little british (yea yea THE BRITISH ARE COMING THE BRITISH ARE COMING!).. but i am NOT color blind... nor are we stupid... with the exception of the guy that made that site

Luke

Reaction score

Don't go blabberin that the British are color blind... i'm a little british (yea yea THE BRITISH ARE COMING THE BRITISH ARE COMING!).. but i am NOT color blind... nor are we stupid... with the exception of the guy that made that site
Well it's Turner, so it may well have been made in the states. Now don't even get me started on those pesky yanks! lol :rolleyes: :wink:

wiley207

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Mickey's Clubhouse, you'd be more likely to find Cars, Princesses, Power Rangers, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh, and the "released from the Disney Vault" characters of the month than even the Mouse himself.
Don't forget that highly-overrated new talking-animal movie released this year: "Ratatouille." I'm avoiding that one, mainly because I'm sick and tired of those computer-animated talking-animal films with their crude "Ren and Stimpy"-type humor and big-name celebrities.

LadyVader

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this is a big hoaxs and there no movie comeing at all.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Boomerang is Cartoon Network.
Yes, but the Boom in the UK is different than the US's. All we have here in the States are the Hanna Barbara stuff (Huckleberry Hound, Atom Aunt, Flinstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc.), Justice League, Superfriends, Smurfs, Snorks, The Batman (the modern version, not BTAS, which airs on our Toon Disney/Jetix block, alongside various Power Ranger incarnations, Pucca, Pinky & the Brain, Jackie Chan Adventures, and other former FOX Kids--and WB!--shows, which effectively kicks off the main Disney shows the program was originally created to air like The Disney Afternoon shows once they left primetime syndication [the only ones left are Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, and Goof Troop, whereas Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and Bonkers get the shaft]), Tom and Jerry, Hong Kong Phooey, Wacky Races, and Popeye. Meanwhile in the UK, you get that and other classics, Fraggle Rock included.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I am confused. So is Boomerang UK owned by Disney
Not really. Think of the UK's Boomerang as the equivalent of Canada's YTV, as a station built to air a managerie of shows from various companies, regardless of copyright.

Luke

Reaction score
The thing about the Fraggle movie is that i think they might find it hard to get a theatrical deal for it. I don't see Disney or Sony jumping at the chance to do it, especially as the market is already starting to tire of these retro movies (Alvin and the Chipmunks etc) and some of them have even been taken out of pre-production recently, so by 2009 it would have probably burned out completely. I'd love to see the movie, especially with the original cast, but they might find it easier to do a TV Movie or something. The other thing they could do if they want theatrical, is if kids are catching onto the show in Europe, they could try making it with European money and HIT Entertainment is probably in a good position to get them a deal like that. It probably then wouldn't get carried in quite as many USA theaters or have a big promotional budget but it'd still get made.

I think like a lot of the Muppet stuff that could have happened, a lot of opportunities were missed by not starting to do this kinda stuff a few years back, because the various sales and deals rearranging the various brands were still being arranged.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't forget that highly-overrated new talking-animal movie released this year: "Ratatouille." I'm avoiding that one, mainly because I'm sick and tired of those computer-animated talking-animal films with their crude "Ren and Stimpy"-type humor and big-name celebrities.

Honestly, I could not recommend Ratatoullie enough. Not even so much as a burp joke... and it had pretty witty gourmand Dialogue to it. Brad Bird really made the film razor sharp. It really is one of Pixar's best films, I think. I think people were discouraged by the "G" rating. So not only is it not crude, it's delightfully refreshing to see that type of humor in a "kid's Movie."

Just to add in, Fraggle is apparently doing VERY well on Boomerang in the UK. One of their top 5 shows from what i've heard, so looks like the kids are watching it!
That's great... but to really get this movie to take off, I want to see it air somewhere in the US. I mean, it would be great if Sprout started to rerun it at some point, but they totally dropped the ball with that one.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the show was originally American, so they should have some promotion for it.