Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm really upset that I can't find this set anywhere in store near me...I really hope I don't have to order it on the internet...:smirk:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Here's a tip:

Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Tower Records have it. I've checked.

zns

Reaction score
I bought mine this afternoon and it is tremendous. I only have one question about it though. How do you find the easter egg on disc one?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Know what's funny? I was just at Target and they didn't have said box set... oddly enough they had "World according to Sesame" and it was in the (preschool) children's DVD endcap... and it says "Not suitable for 13 and up."

Newburry Comics in Boston has it for 31.99, BTW... I was just there.

As for Pinball Number count... if it is indeed not on this set, it will probably be on the next. besides... I feel Pinball Number count is over rated and Jazzy Spies never gets any attention. PNC was on the Great Numbers game and What's the Name of that Song, so I wouldn't be too p.o'd if we have to wait to see it on another disk set.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Feeling a bit relieved, gonna order this from the online Amazon links, along with everything else on my Muppety wishlist in the hopes some proceeds do end up in the coffures of MC.

Markie... Noggin was a premium cable network channel launched fairly recently, probably as early as 1998. It was originally cofounded by Nickelodeon and the CTW, now known simply as SW Sesame Workshop, in equal 50-50 partnership. A total of 63 episodes from the first twenty years of the show aired under the banner of Sesame Street Unpaved, I only came to find it from 2002-2003. The great thing was that it aired on Saturdays and Sundays from 3:30-4:30 AM sandwiched between two episodes of The Electric Company... So it was a great nostalgia trip seeing all of these programs together. They even had a cool police siren car cruising through the street cityscapes just before the SS episodes started. And a funny promo talking about how we've had Bob (Bob McGrath) through four decades as a constant fixture.

Rully good times and good memories. Rully looking forward to the boxset and all the classic goodness it has for us Sesame Street fans.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I hope I'm able to find this set when I go shopping in about an hour...from the sounds of it I might run into trouble.

But I have a question: is the Muppet News Flash: Hickory Dickory Dock included? Oh please say yes! :embarrassed: That is my all time FAVORITE and I haven't seen it since I was little.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I just got mine and it is EXCELLENT.

I'm not through all the discs yet, but it's as if SESAME WORKSHOP finally delivered what we fans have been looking for.

One thing:

The credit crawl for 1971-1972 (on disc 2) is different from the one on Noggin. There isn't any drawing of Grover flying over the neighborhood anymore, is there? There must have been (at least) two credit crawls for the Charlotte Rae / Raul Julia season.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Contrary to what people were saying earlier in this thread, I had no luck finding this at Target, but Best Buy had it.

So far, I've only watched the "Classic Clips" for seasons 1-3, and it's a great mix of familiar favorites, segments that I had almost forgotten about until now, and ones that are new to me but made me smile nonetheless. I did notice the aforementioned discrepancy with the credits - I guess the scrolling building drawing was introduced later in season 3. On this set, the season 1 and 3 credit crawls take place over the end of the street scene, while season 2 has the credits flashing over a montage of children's paintings.

Can't wait to see the rest!

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Marky said:
Must just be in the States then, eh?
Yep. Noggin wasn't carried either by StarChoice or ExpressVu, so the only way you could see it in Canada is through purchasing a "grey market" satellite dish and subscribing to DirecTV or DishNetwork by acquiring a U.S mailing address. Or you could just have tape traded with contact in the U.S -- that's how I managed to get my hands on a few of them :wink:

mjb1124

Reaction score
I forgot to mention a glitch on my copy (or maybe it's just my DVD player): I selected "Play All" for the season 3 clips, but after "C Is For Cookie", it went back to the menu. I tried it again and the same thing happened. The third time, I skipped ahead to "Ladybug Picnic", and everything went fine from there. Did anyone else have this problem?