Ska?

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of it, It's pretty COOL MAN!!! I think I heard some of it on an early to mid 80's Cosby episode.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Well? Anybody Else? And if so, what are some of your favorite bands?

I like:
Reel Big Fish
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Less Than Jake
Five Iron Frenzy
Big D And The Kid's Table
Operation Ivy
Streetlight Manifesto
The Aquabats
The O.C. Supertones
The Suicide Machines

Squidward

Reaction score
Yeah, ska is awesome! Always puts me in a good mood. RBF are awesome; saw them in concert a few years back. My favorite ska band is Goldfinger. Every song they have is awesome! Also, there's a ska band called Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, who make ska/punk versions of other, random songs, like "Take Me Home Country Roads" or "Tomorrow" from the movie Annie. They even have a ska version of "Rainbow Connection". It's one of the best covers of that song ever!

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I never really considered Goldfinger ska, but they still kick butt. My favorite ska song by them is 'Superman'. I liked the Rainbow Connection cover by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (just in case anyone wants to hear it, it's played at the end of KSY)!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh you young whipper snappers! Ska was HUGE when I was in High School. I saw No Doubt in concert and I also loved Sublime, but if you wanna' hear a great ska band, check out Save Ferris.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of ska during the 3rd wave( I was, like, born when it started). I'n still introducing more kids to it, or at least I'm bugging them about until they listen to get me off their backs!