Puppet Blog List

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread listing all the different MC members who have puppetry blogs. The number has just exploded in the past year or two and with a lot of new people on the board I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to post a link to theirs along with a short description of what it's about and do a little shameless self-promotion. People may want to exchange links on their blogrolls, if they haven't done that already.

Maybe a mod can sticky this thread once it gets going? :smile:

I'll start with mine...

The PuppetVision Blog
is (mostly) about puppetry in film, video and digital media (like the internet). I usually update it every other day and Tuesdays I do a "round up" of the puppet web series and podcasts on the web that have posted new episodes. It's averaging about 9,000 readers right now (actual people, not hits) which is absolutely mind-boggling to me because I usually think of puppetry as a pretty small niche-interest.

PuppetBuilding.com
- I'm slowly trying to do a number of things with this site as time allows, but the front page is a blog that's usually updated a couple times per week with puppet building tutorials, information and examples of neat puppets from around the web.

Machin-X: Digital Puppetry
- The Machin-X blog is about digital (computer generated) puppetry and machinima. It's mostly speculative stuff, because this is a very new area of puppetry only a few people are working in. Not updated frequently, but I try to get a few posts up every month.

kafkathedog

Reaction score
Hi there,
Mine is:

marionette-maker.blogspot.com
(sorry can't add links yet but have added it to my signature)

Haven't had much time for updates recently but will be posting a weekly tutorial to making a wooden carved marionette soon - perhaps one for puppetbuilding.com when i've completed it?

I also have:

companyofmarionettes.blogspot.com which i will work with my new marionette specific website when it is finished.

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
The Rubber Room "rrpuppets.blogspot.com" i'm relatively new to puppet building, so i like to document most of the happenings in my little (12'x14') makeshift sound/video/design studio/workshop... i have a few separate blogs attached to the main one... i'm really having fun in the hopes of doing something for once that might go somewhere for me...

SJohnson

Reaction score