Read any good books lately?

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I'm a few chapters into Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, which I've yearned to read since the beginning of my school year. As for the library book I got... eh, I can't seem to catch as much interest in it as I thought I would. And hopefully, when I'm done with TI, I'll finally read the first volume of the Harry Potter series (the only HP book I've read is Prisoner of Azkaban, strangely enough).

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let's see...lately I've been going through "The Secret Documents of Sherlock Holmes," by June Thomson, and "Gifts of Unknown Things," by Lyall Wilson.

I mentioned sometime ago that I was working on "The Eyre Affair," by Jasper Fforde. I finished it some time ago - it's about a detective in an alternate-universe England, who is tasked to find famous fictional characters who've vanished from their own books. It's an extremely nutty book, full of literary references and sci-fi stuff. It's the sort of thing Terry Gilliam or Douglas Adams would do.

Recently, while I was in the bookstore, I took a read through "Tintin in Tibet," in which Tintin has to travel to the Himalayas to find his missing friend Chang. It's a great story, and haunting, too.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I recently read the HAIRSPRAY novel. It was really good. It also featured some scenes that weren't shown in the film! (Hint to New Line for Delete Scenes on DVD) :wink:

Pork

Reaction score
Recently, while I was in the bookstore, I took a read through "Tintin in Tibet," in which Tintin has to travel to the Himalayas to find his missing friend Chang. It's a great story, and haunting, too.
I remember that one, in fact, I think we still have it somewhere.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Right now I'm reading "Underneath it All" an autobiography of Traci Lords, mostly remember for her adult film work but was able to break into more "mainstream" roles. I mostly got it because I'm a huge fan of the movie "Cry-baby" from John Walters. I tend to read more biography books than anything.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh my gosh i am on the last chaper of harry potter book and it is so wonderful . That series is my all time faverite book series .

i got it the day of realse and it has taken me this long to get though because i have been sick so it is hard to read sometimes when i am sick . looooooooooooo but i am better now and i am going to read read it imedily such a good book and i want to reread the intire series over again . back to back .

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah, my sister read it when she was younger and she got scared of the morlocks, I think there called morlocks, I havn't read it yet. i'm looking forward to it.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Right now I'm reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,To Kill a Mockingbird.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let's see...I just read "The Kalahari Typing School For Men," by Alexander McCall Smith. That one's rather good.

With college starting back up at the end of the month, most of my reading's going to be from textbooks before long. (sigh)