Read any good books lately?

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I think that the computers know how books are good with those 'For Dummies' series, but I start to question how they have everything 'For Dummies'. I never liked the whole 'dummies' analogy, because I don't think people are internally dumb, perhaps uneducated in certain areas.

Redsonga, your grammar is not that bad, at least I can read your stories without any problem. But, I do agree that one of the best ways for amateur writers to improve in the craft is to read stories and books by other people.

Oh well, time to get busy...speaking of writing. I hope to get something written today.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I'm currently reading The World Without Us by Alan Weisman (REALLY good so far) and just got Violets Are Blue by James Patterson.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
er...ok...

so anyway I am reading A Catcher in the Rye. Its a funny book if you dont mind overuse of certain bad/offensive words. The book has been banned from many schools, and I can see wy, but its not banned in our school which kinda suprised me. Actually, I'm reading it for school XD

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Read Katherine Neville's The Eight in order to prepare for the Oct 14 release of The Fire (yep, a sequel! :big_grin:).

BJ

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I just finished "The Wright 3" by Blue Balliett. It was pretty fun :smile: The next book in the series is still in hardcover, though. I'm debating whether I should wait, or just get it like that.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
These days I'm reading "The City of Dreaming Books" by Walter Moers. It's a good book, very weird and witty.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Right now I am reading Firestarter by Stephen King. Its typical King for ya. Blabbering on about stuff not really related to the plot, but once you get aside that, its a really great book. I'm about halfway through it.

But I think Pet Semetary is better

anytimepally

Reaction score
I finally got a hardcover copy of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of N.I.M.H., my favorite book from when I was a kid :shifty: