The Very Best of The Muppet Show DVD - Email Campaign

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Please do this even if you are not from England.
We will all benefit from it in the end...

If enough of us email, They will take notice.

I have sent this email to Columbia Tristar asking that they take The Muppet Classic Theatre fairy tales off of The Very Best of The Muppet Show, Volume Two DVD, And replace it with something that has more quality to it.

Please send Columbia Tristar an email giving the same kind of message, You could even cut and paste your favorite selections from my email.

There email address is - CTHVUK_Feedback@spe.sony.com

My email ----

Hi,
I just want to say that 'The Very Best of The Muppet Show, Volume One' Is absolutely Fantastic !
All the Muppet fans love it, and Even though we already bought the Video, we went out and got the DVD too !

One of the best things was the Extra's, We never thought we would have that on DVD to keep forever, and then you went and put Quizzes, Profiles and Muppetisms too !

We recently heard that you are now going to release 'The Very Best of The Muppet Show, Volume Two', We are overjoyed !

Except for one thing, The Extras.
We have heard that you are going to be using 'The Muppet Classic Theatre' Fairy tales.

Most Muppet fans really HATE this series, They think it is one of the poorest and most badly made Series Henson have ever made.

We would like to see something else put in its place, So I come to suggest a wide range of Henson Programmes that you could use instead -

- Ranging from top to bottom, Top selections are better -

Muppets On Puppets - Early Behind the Scenes Special
The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence - The Muppet Show Pilot Episode
The Muppets Valentine Show - Another Muppet Show Pilot Episode
The Tales of The Tinkerdee - Muppet Series Pilot

The World of Jim Henson - A documentary on everything Henson
Henson's Place - Documentary on The Muppets
An Evening With Jim Henson and Frank Oz - Interviews with the geniuses behind the Muppets
Jim Henson Hour: The Secrets of The Muppets - Behind the Scenes of The Muppets
Jim Henson Presents: The world of Puppetry - Behind the Scenes look at Puppetry

The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson - A Tribute to Jim Henson by The Muppets
The Muppets A Celebration of 30 Years - A celebration of all things the Henson company had done up until its 30th year
The Muppets Go To The Movies - A one hour Muppet Show with Guest stars Dudley Moore and Lily Tomlin
The Muppets at Walt Disney World - The Muppets Visit Walt Disney World
The Muppets Go Hollywood - The Muppet Movie Premiere Show

Miss Piggy's Hollywood - Miss Piggy and Gonzo go star Hunting in Hollywood
The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show - A Show Hosted by Miss Piggy

The Great Santa Claus Switch - Ed Sullivan And The Muppets Christmas Special
The Frog Prince - A Muppet Fairytale
The Muppet Musicians of Bremen - A Muppet Fairytale
Hey Cinderella! - A Muppet Fairytale
Emmet Otters Jugband Christmas - A Muppet Fairytale

John Denver and The Muppets: A Rocky Mountain Holiday - A Hiking Vacation with The Muppets
John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together - A Muppet Christmas Special

All these Muppet Compilations have new Footage and are narrated by various Muppets -

The Muppet Revue - Compilation of The Muppet Show Clips
The Kermit and Miss Piggy Story - Kermit and Miss Piggys best Moments on The Muppet Show
Children's Songs and Stories with The Muppets - Compilation of Fun Muppet Moments
Rock Music with The Muppets - Compilation of all the Rock music on The Muppet Show
Muppet Treasures - Compilation of The Muppet Show Clips
Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff - A Compilation of Gonzo's Favourite Muppet Moments
Muppet Country Music - A Compilation of the best Country Moments on The Muppet Show
Rowlf's Rhapsodies - Rowlfs Favourite The Muppet Show Moments
Fozzies Muppet Scrapbook - Fozzies Best Moments on The Muppet Show

Please let me know what you think.
And the Muppet fan community hope that you can now pick a quality programme.

Thank You
Warrick
-----

Reply in this Thread with what you said, Or if anyone gets any replies.

Thanks once again !
Warrick

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Thanks !

Is anyone else going to send an Email ?

Let me know !

See ya

9504184b

Reaction score
Have done so as well. Definately worth a try.

I mentioned the possibility of extra sales through releasing material not previoulsly available on video as well.

Gordon

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Gordon,

Thanks !

I hope it isnt just going to be the UK people who sign this.

I know we always sin or help out when there is a cause for US merchandise.

See ya

petrieboy

Reaction score
Warrick

Hey
I will help out too, but I have a question.
Do you have a dvd player that plays Region 1? If so, do you have the Time Life dvds? If so, don't they have all the same stuff that is on the Muppet Best Ofs in UK, but 13 more volumes? If so, why do you want them?
My other question is about the Muppet Fairy Tales. Are these the "Muppet Classic Theater" that was released in the 90s? I thought that was a pretty stupid video, but I think it would be great to have the whole thing as an extra. Did they chop it apart so you only get a couple parts of it on a dvd? That seems ridiculous since it was all part of one program. I do agree that there are plenty other things that are better though. I really wish they would either green light a release of Jim Henson Hour/ Storyteller/ Muppets Tonite ... or use all the episodes up on extras. I hate letting stuff go to waste when fans can be enjoying everything. Man, I really want The Muppets at Disney World... I will tell them that. But we're all going to be very jealous of you if the UK gets good stuff. When it comes to the Muppets, I wish every country would just release the same stuff so no one misses out.
:smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Petrie,

Thank you very much !

So far DVD wise in the UK all we have of The Muppet Show is The Very Best of The Muppet Show Volume One.

You can read a review I wrote of what is on that DVD, Just click it.

You will find that there is only Two episodes on that Disc, This isnt a series like the TimeLife series in the US.

We have got Volume One and will now get Volume Two, But they want to put two Muppet Fairy Tales from The Muppet Classic Theatre.
This means they will chop two up, Right?

So i say why do that when they can put something else on it in one peice ?

And please anyone else who is reading this, PLEASE send an email !

Every Email Counts !

Thanks!

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Re: Warrick

Originally posted by petrieboy

Do you have a dvd player that plays Region 1? If so, do you have the Time Life dvds? If so, don't they have all the same stuff that is on the Muppet Best Ofs in UK, but 13 more volumes? If so, why do you want them?
When it comes to the Muppets, I wish every country would just release the same stuff so no one misses out.
:smile:
The problem with the Time Life DVDs is that we can't get them shipped over here. Lots of American distributors won't ship to the UK (EBGames for instance ships to just about every other European country but not to the UK- now that's annoying!). So even though I've got a multi region DVD player I just can't get hold of the Time Life DVDs :frown: You're right though, with a world wide fan community it'd be great if things were released worldwide too.

And Warrick, I've sent my e-mail!
Cheers,
Helen

Rugbylass

Reaction score
Oh, now that I didn't know. Thanks, that's great! But what does all this mean?

Please Note: Regional Coding Enhancement (RCE): has been added by Warner and Columbia to certain Region 1 DVD’s. RCE will prevent the DVD from playing on some “Multi-Region” DVD players. If you are in any doubt that your player may not be able to play RCE DVD’s, we recommend that you do not order this title, as we are unable to accept returned RCE DVD’s.

I suppose I'll have to check with the people who made our DVD player to see if it'll work. No point spending 30 quid on 2 DVDs if they won't play!